Abandoned Thralls starvation Bug

Game mode: Online Official server 3892
Problem: Bug | Performance
Region: US

So it’s been well over 7 days since the Thrall Food “fix” for abandoned tralls was put into place. yet still there are tralls alive that are not being fed. they have been abandoned by there owners and yet still live. Does the feeding system actually work or does it also reset at server reset time. I would like to be able to go places and not get shot by archers (and this clan originally had A Lot) floating in the sky.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:
1.log into PVP server
2.go to spider queen island during Building destruction time (keep in mind server no longer has a time stamp so you could run over there by accident if your new to server
3.Get shot at by 30-40 floating archers
4.Die a horrible death in the ocean

1 Like

Yes, that’s a major lol.
Owned thralls bug out and die even when properly fed, abandoned and starving thralls don’t die at all.

:joy::sob:

2 Likes

Thank you for the report Chaosmoon :slight_smile:

We are following up on reports that thrall feeding isn’t working as intended, by way of thrall hunger resetting after server restart, and our QA team is investigating this issue.

Based on our observations so far it seems like thralls still become hungry and die off when starving, but we also see reports from players that say otherwise. Hopefully we’ll have this smoothed out very soon.

1 Like

I was looking forward to all the abandoned (man of them floating) thralls disappearing, but every single one of them (and there are a lot I pass a lot of the time) are still there, as annoying as ever. I look forward to the day of their mass suicide :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They are resetting. I checked on a line of thralls I left to die floating ver a river (I originally thought they would fall in and die when bridge decayed). So I went to check after day 7. All there and a few somehow had GRUEL on them! None of them had ANYTHING when I left them out there over 2 months ago. Even better a couple had their weapons out. So I checked their timers… 6 days on them still. Whaaat? Its on Server 3519 Official PVE just southeast of the East Barracks on the other side of the small island in the river. Is it possible that someone else could feed them?

Of all abandoned thralls I always noted during my usual routes, only one disappeared (which was close to one of my bases) , the other armies scattered around the server are there untouched.
I also believe the only explanation is the daily restart that resets their feeding timers, pretty much as it does with the purge timer right now, or as many say, just logging in and out.
Reset that does not affect my owned thralls though, they work as intended.
Really weird.

It shouldn’t be possible to interact with non-owned thralls, if you try you get the system notification telling you cannot interact with them.
I know it, because I tried to save a stunning thrall girl that doesn’t belong to me and I am in “love” with…will be hard to see her slowly die.
Wish Funcom would give us the possibility to re-capture abandoned thralls

#ThrallsLivesMatter

Yeah I know you can’t interact with another’s thrall but This thrall floating over the middle of a river and without care for nearly 40 days has three stacks of gruel on him. How?? There was zero need to feed Thralls when I did this to them. None had food at all. Straight up bizarre.

If there’s food in their inventory then yes, that is a possibility. I’m going to have QA check and see if it’s possible to feed a thrall you don’t own with your own Thrall Pot. It’s not supposed to be possible, but I want to be on the safe side.

1 Like

I understand and appreciate your concern :slight_smile: In this particular case I was answering @Huzzah’s question about other players feeding his abandoned thralls.

The most likely scenario is that there’s a bug in the system causing the timer to reset. It shouldn’t have anything to do with the server rules. Our QA team is investigating.

2 Likes

Yes! Abandoned/floating thralls have begun dying all around me, it’s such a beautiful thing to behold! :smiley:

It’s raining Thralls! Alelujah!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.