Account banned on official ... zendesk response makes no sense

I would’ve continued the previous threads but it was locked within 3 days for no reason
(so much for “This topic will close 7 days after the last reply.”)

With more then 4k hours on private and official, I found myself banned on official with no explanation. As recommended by these forums (thanks) I reached out to funcom.zendesk to ask what happened. this was the response:

Ymir (Funcom)
Dec 7, 2021, 6:24 EST
Greetings Exile,

Your account has been temporarily suspended from playing on official servers for 14 days as a warning due to building abuse made by one of the clans you are a member of. Your suspension should end on December 14.

You can view the current terms of conduct here:
Official Servers - Terms of conduct, guidelines and procedures

Please note that it falls under your responsibility to make sure no one in your clan is abusing game mechanics or participating in continued harassment. Do not associate under any circumstances with players you suspect are hacking, exploiting or abusing any of the guidelines above. If you suspect any of them are partaking in such actions, please report them to our staff and distance yourself or your clan from these players.

As this suspension is temporary, it is not eligible for further review or appeal.

Please be aware that although access to Official Servers is restricted for your account, you may still play in private servers. Access to single player and co-op modes has not been restricted.

As I haven’t been in another clan on official in more than a year, that leaves my current clan that consists of myself and my SO. We focus on building & PVE and rarely interact with anyone. Which is why the ban was a shock.

I looked up the restrictions from the link for building restrictions and this is what is said:

Official server building restrictions

Please remember that there are other players sharing the server with you. Restricting others’ access to content is not allowed beyond of course grabbing a spot for your base. If you wish to reign supreme on the map and hog all the resources and enemies, please consider single player or setting up your own server, or - in the case of PvP servers - play fair.

Some specific cases where we will act when made aware:

• Blocking of content in the game, such as dungeons, obelisks, resources and other areas of the game.
  • Abuse of the claim system where blocks are placed for no other purpose than to prevent other players’ access to resources and building spots.
  • Massive constructions or over-use of memory intensive items leading to loss of performance both on client and server-side.

Time will not be spent to carefully remove only offending pieces. All constructions belonging to the owner (player or clan) will be destroyed. There will be no refunds of materials or inventories.

The base on two servers is 29x3 at most. On the third server, the base is in 2 parts… one is 29x3 and the other is 10x30 ish (can’t remember exactly but it did contain a taming pen) with a maproom under the water. We built on an island in noob river (G4) blocking no spawns (not even turtles) on all three servers (we like the beach). We didn’t abuse any claim mechanics and the construction was not more massive than other buildings we’d typically see scattered around the map (and yes, we’ve seen people claiming grid square after grid square for 1 yr+ with no impacts). Hell, we’ve been undermeshed on pvp servers for 6+ months and the attackers were never banned (which drove us to the pve realms).

I would say this ban is arbitrary and not within their stated guidelines but I’m not allowed to appeal… which is just cowardly and the heavy hand of someone with no logical support within their own rules.

As we’ll be moving on from funcom’s servers/games (you can’t play a game whose rules are arbitrary), here’s a shot of the base. It’s based off a ship design with the main foundation being similar to a long ship (29x3) with everything ‘below deck’ with the ‘masts’ above.

Here’s one shot I thought came out pretty nice (early shot of the base on 1511. 1525 was the ‘masterpiece’. I’ve had much more elaborate builds but those were on private servers):

a shot of 1525 showing the ‘ship’ foundation base:

the pool on 1525 out back in the Tower:

They lock threads talking about why you were banned, because that is between you and Funcom and isn’t supposed to aired out in public.

Simply amazing that someone in this demographic doesn’t understand how rules work. These threads get locked and hidden.

1 Like

Hi @tiny

If you are looking for additional information regarding your suspension, please make sure you reach out to the team over on Zendesk so that they can help you out further.
You can read more about how to submit a ticket here: Official Servers - Terms of conduct, guidelines and procedures