Add weapon & gear stats to crafting screen

when crafting an item, please make the pertinent information about the item visible to the crafter.
ie: damage, armor pen, various stat bonuses, durability, grade, resistances, etc

We shouldn’t have to look up each piece on gamepedia. it really kills the immersion

*This would include all DLC items as well

9 Likes

I think the lack of information is meant to be intentional. I mean, the game doesn’t tell you anything off the bat, you need to go/create/build/attack everything yourself to figure out what literally anything actually does. The game doesn’t want to tell you, it wants you to figure it out first hand.

In that light, looking everything up on a wiki should be immersion killing because you’re doing the opposite of what the game wants you to do.

1 Like

or look up item in perk description, it’s not all the data, but you have basic grasp

1 Like

would love this too, if i can craft it, i should know what it is i’m making.

1 Like

I mean… that’s not really how life works though.
Yeah, you know what you’ll be making, or at least what you want to make, but you’ll never know how good a project will actually turn out until you’ve actually finished it, held it in your hands.

You don’t know that the things you tossed into a pan to cook will actually taste good until you’ve put it in your mouth, so why should you psychically know how sharp a sword is gonna be untill you’ve held one in your hands or how much of a beating it can take until you’ve tried swinging it at something?

It’s kinda fitting that Crom is the god who taught people how to work steel, because he’s also the god who wants us to go and learn and experience things on our own to figure out how to survive in the world, while all the other gods spoonfeed you all the things you want to know, acting as a crutch and making you weaker for it.

1 Like

YES Please!!!

That would be a wonderful little Quality of Life improvement, even if it were just the numerical value in the lower right corner of the picture, or alongside the items name. Although going back and adding it to every single item, vanilla and dlc alike would likely prove VERY time consuming. So while I like and support the idea…please dont get your hopes up. Sorry Tiny, Im just saying. :worried:

2 Likes

Because forcing players to use a wiki guide on the web is intuitive?

You aren’t forced to use it, you can choose to if you want, but I’d argue that you’re robbing yourself of the experience the game is meaning to provide. The stats are all there in game, you just gotta find them first.
You gotta figure it out, the same way you do with everything else in the game. It’s a very deliberate bit of game design element that maybe not everyone likes but asking them to change it is a bit like asking the Master Chief to stop shooting Grunts. Just Grunts. You’re fine with him killing the rest of the covies, just not grunts. Why?

Why ask Funcom to change one thing they don’t tell you, if you’re not gonna ask them to spell out every little thing and ruin a cornerstone of this game’s gameplay, which is “Figure it out on your own. It’s good for you.

1 Like

I think it’s a great idea, it’s so boring to have to look for on the wiki everytime :smiley: (or in the feats menu)

The damage of DLC weapons is the same of star-metal ones, so… come on, it’s not so time consuming… I don’t know.

Maybe Funcom could make a tool to let the community help in these easy tasks?

1 Like

actually, all stats for every object you create would be available to the ui developer without any changes. they just need to add some text widgets to display the information, which is trivial

(i say this as a sr dev w/ 35+ yrs in the field)

Its not so much the “stats” Its the Cold/Heat parts… having to constantly go look in perk page (its abit slow to scroll on ps4) Just such a silly thing…

To me, that stats of 8 def and 10 def… isn’t huge or really important.

It be great QoL to see heat/cold itlest.

Being forced to use a wiki every 5min isn’t very enjoyable. It didn’t repel me when I began playing the game in EA where I just told myself “Well I guess they didn’t yet do a noob-friendly polishing pass”. But now, 3 years later, nothing has changed. Funcom can only look at themselves for how bad the game (sadly, wasted potential) is doing because the new players do not get any hints and have to navigate thru a very painful UI where very little is detailed, how do you expect them to stick to the game (and I’m not even mentioning the bugs).

A massive UX/UI improvement pass need to be done.