Admin Panel - Can't increase tethering range

I’m trying to play with my friend but the tethering range is just way too small and i cannot change it. When i try to change to 52.000 the game just doesn’t stick with the configs and it goes back to the default settings which is 12.000. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Try configuring the ini directly.

CoopTetheringLimit=52000.000000

\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\ServerSettings.ini

Make sure the game is closed before you save the file, otherwise it might get overwritten.

Edit::
Updated the setting, I had pasted the wrong one.

1 Like

When i open up the game, the cooptetheringlimit that i’ve changed in ini files goes back to the default again, i have no clue why

That’s so bizarre.
I tested changing it both in-game and in the configuration file. It sticks regardless of how I do it.

You could check out the following file as it contains a few tethering settings. But from what I can tell, changing them does nothing.

\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Config\DefaultServerSettings.ini

Maybe they would apply to a new game, I’m not sure.

1 Like

After a lot of tries i manage to “fix” it using ini files, but if i change anything on the admin panel in game, the tethering will come back to default, i really dont know why this is happening. But now it is working and i finally can play, thanks for the help! :smiley:

No problem at all. I’m glad you were sort-of able to get it fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.