Age of War - Chapter 4: Hotfix News & More

I think you missed the real point I was making - at the time you called for an unspecified fix to ‘one game breaking issue’, while there were perhaps half a dozen things at that level being reported. Your more recent reply homes in on two of the big ones (quite possibly the two big ones remaining) - but for all that I could tell from your initial comment, you could even have meant something like the bearer hp (I agree, a far lower priority - an irritation rather than in any way game breaking). People have been arguing all week that the issue they care about is the ‘game-breaking’ one, and other things don’t matter - I had no way to know what category you fit into, which is why I asked.

I also agreed that it would be good if the devs could focus on the most important stuff (rather than rushing out a minifix for just the stamina - which no-one was complaining about). Despite the fact that, for me, the two biggest issues are the loss of persistent custom sorting and the loss of proper mouse functiuon in radial menus, I have agreed several times with others that falling through floor, unusable inventories and ‘death zones’ popping up around the map are higher priorities. (The two issues I mention really bug me, but they are not ‘game-breaking’ (they just make me not want to play) which is why they should be lower priority than the actual fatal issues. However, I do still want them fixed at some point - but it is a matter of priorities.)

I wish Funcom would be faster with hotfixing problems, and would use proper prioritisation (though sometimes ‘lesser’ fixes may also just get done in time because the right dev for that fix happened to have spare time, or it was a particularly simple fix) - but if you’re reading the forum today, you can probably see how well they’ve managed that…

While Funcom fixed the stamina the day after release - see my point above about prioritisation, lol. Genuine question - the devs that are successfully getting hotfixes out within a day (or two) - are they hotfixing only to PC, or to consoles as well? (My understanding was that part of what tends to delay Funcom is that they need everything to pass Microsoft and Sony as well - but I’ve no idea if others are able to do that better as well.)

It was on testlive, did you not test it?

So you’ve never played any other games? Because updates are well known for breaking most games. Don’t think I’ve ever played any game where updates didn’t screw something up.
funcom does not have the market for ■■■■■■■■ up updates cornered.

No sort is persistent so is custom sort. Or at least it had been on testlive.

Don’t back up funcom they have messed up every single update and just shat on their players, well mainly pvp players, yeah updates can bring bugs to games but the Difference being these other companies actually hot fix things quickly, we’ve waited a week for a hot fix that has made the game even worse and you’re backing them up :joy: might not mean anything to you pve player but you’ll see pvp servers are dead now as they have broken their own game. GG funcom

This hotfix is even worse… than actual update…

  1. unnamed city boss is crazy
  2. players swim in air
  3. Torches that is on horses is in weapon slot…
    4)Autosprint key broken
  4. swim backward animation broken
  5. Server crashes still…

Just bad timing on this type of bug…you announce you are ending the event early (like this coming Monday) and this creates a requirement to hurry up any plans on taking advantage of the event AND implemented a hotfix that prevents people from easily running around the map.

Whoops would be an understatement.

Can you guys please go back to the toggle sprint control, holding L3 just to sprint just feels horrible, not to mention its hell on the analog stick. Im sure im not the only one saying this, thanks.

They are not testing anything.

Yeah they would have caught that if they did, holding to sprint is so annoying. I hope they do something.

Unfortunately, either we’re talking about slightly different things, or it is not successfully fixed on singleplayer. What I’m referring to is the ability to lay out my inventory as I choose - then go harvest a bunch of rock and wood (or whatever) - come back, flick to heaviest first for easy offloading, and then flick back to custom and have my inventory go back to it’s correct arrangement. That was a feature I used all of the time before this chapter, and it does not work now, even after the hotfix (at least for singleplayer).

At least for Sony, there is an internal certification process. Trusted developers may have that waived. Whether Funcom is currently in that magical waived status is unknown. For awhile, they definitely were not and they had several updates fail certification, this was some time ago tho.

I doubt they are with as many crash reports my system sends to PS when my console is on rest mode and the game main menu is up. It’s crashes like every other day now.

As this one understands it, the certification is not explicitly about whether it is good for the game or even works, but rather if the update violates any laws don’t would be in the hook for such as information theft, ect… or if it would damage the actual platform, brick the console so to speak, or compromise data security on the PSN.
Beyound that, the update can’t render the game unlaunchable. It may be horrifically bad and unstable, but the game still needs to start.

There isn’t a point that you are making that i even bothered responding. Meanwhile my point has been very clear, like super clear.

There is the X bug that the 99% of the player base thinks is super game breaking (inventory sorting bug, falling through foundations and not being able to equip items) and then there is the Y bug that barely anyone in the player base notices but some fringe groups think is still an issue.

The Funcom’s approach to this is piling up the feedbacks on ANY sort of bugs (X, Y, Z whatever) and then addressing them once and for all, meaning the X bugfix, while could have been fixed much faster, needs to wait it out until a big hotfix patch is made.

This is all i’ve been saying from the get-go idk what you are on about tbh. Unless you don’t think that their method of going about this is absolutely counterproductive and tbh borderline disrespectful for the players, then we have nothing to talk about.

Console players don’t get that luxury. We just get to pick up the pieces when they push out a bad update.

Yes I see that as an issue, but then I’m not sure if anyone on testlive uses a game pad. I can’t effectively use a game pad anymore. And there seem to be damn few people on testlive.

People on PlayStation and Xbox cannot test it. Furthermore, if Funcom did a proper job of testing their own hotfixes they would NEED us to test them. So why exactly as you asking them this question. Especially given the fact that this hoxfix came out so quickly that nothing tested on testlive would have been addressed PRIOR TO GOING LIVE ANYWAY so what exactly is the point in asking such an idiotic question other than to be an @$$hole?

What can i say about this hotnofixatall…
I cannot run easily…
I cannot loot easily…
I cannot organize easily…
Bosses more broken…
New event still broken…
Well even me that’s asking always more difficulties, here i give up. Make my in game life easy again please, thank you.

Over and over again, almost every damn post and comment on the subject.

I acknowledge that players taking time to test and report are important. I applaud and appreciate them.

But they’re not special and have no business holding it over others who may not have because THEY DO NOT WANT TO or THEY CANNOT.

We’re not paid for it. We’re not listened to anyflipping way!

Stick it in the compost box?

Nah dont act so surprised @UNfun. We have had the broken Thrall Pot & Pet Feed Box bug for over a year too. :wink: