Aside from the obvious reasons, agent boosters will not be a major commodity for long. Eventually people will stop buying them, or at least very many of them.
I propose a few simple additions to the agent booster category, which are more appropriate to the name Agent Booster.
Each of these would be one time boosters consumed by a single mission. The cost would be lowish, around 20 - 50 aurum each, to promote repeated usage rather than expensive only use it when desperate viability.
- experience boosters (+25% ~ +100%)
- increase in stat boosters (+5 ~ +50)
- Fatigue reduction boosters (-2% ~ -20%)
- reduction of mission duration boosters (-10% ~ -25%)
- item drop chance increase boosters (~25%)
- ignore mission resource boosters
- reroll reward boosters
The more impactful ones could be available for hexcoins only and lesser versions of some could be world drops (like belts, caches).
Just throwing totally off the wall random ideas out there for fun.