Anyone else just dropping items on the ground rather than dismantling?

I can swing a sickle and get 200-300 plant fiber in an instant. Instead of dismantling most npc loot now I am simply dropping it. It takes far too many button presses to manually put it in the dismantling bench nowadays. And after farming black galleon for bearers over and over I have decided to just drop most loot instead of putting it in chests to “dismantle later after they hot fix” :joy: anyone else doing this?

2 Likes

I generally like dismantling, not for the mats but rather the sense of recycling. The bench has to be fixed though, having to drag an item to dismantle it is too much of a trouble.

9 Likes

@Narelle haha Same I wish more people recycled in the real world. Off topic, but if the government can mandate lockdowns and vaccines, they should mandate that alll real world items are recycled.

I personally love the idea of recycling - it’s in line with exactly how nature works. NOTHING is ever wasted.

Devs please fix that darn bench! :joy:

1 Like

Dismantling was useful when the harvest rate was x1

2 Likes

@demonado agreed (for the most part) yet it still is useful for when npc drops hardened steel obsidian or star metal tools. Tho I usually save the hardened steel drops for a black ice run :star_struck: funny the tools don’t have to be repaired first and you can go make nice black ice items

2 Likes

Yes. I dont dismantle. I may be a savage, but I’m never so desperate for resources by the time I can lean that bench.

I have not built a dismantling bench in ages. The material amounts are not big enough for me to bother. Its faster and simpler to mass-produce than finagle with a little bit of everything.

1 Like

Known bug. has been reported, but you could report it again.

3 Likes

Depends on the item. If it returns steel or hardened steel, yes. Otherwise no.

1 Like

Depends on what I get back. I dismantle legendary weapons every time.

The new improved dismantle bench gives more resources so I may expand my tear down after I experiment a bit.

3 Likes

Don’t think of it like some kind of resource farm. Instead, think of it more like a scrap yard. Don’t go out of your way to feed it. Each time you get back to base, just toss whatever junk you don’t want into it. Then, sometimes when you just need like a couple hardened steel or iron bars or whatever, you have the option of pulling them out of the scrap pile.

3 Likes

I was just doing that. I loved dismantling. I know silly to like doing something so simple. After a few min dragging stuff, I think I will just ignore the bench. That was not fun. Please set it back. I do not know why it changed but I dislike it very much.

1 Like

This is a lot how I think of it. I hate tossing stuff that I don’t need so I grab everything, dismantle it, and repurpose it. Feels less wasteful, even though it’s a game. It’s why I got into trading in the MMO I play; I may not need something but someone does!

(As an aside: It also makes me wish there was more to spend coins on because I have SO many and between sorcerer skulls and bearer packs, I rarely (if ever) need to make alchemical base so I’m not grinding those coins up.)

I really hope they fix how double-click works now vs how it worked on Monday. I’ll still do it but the other behavior was way more friendly.

2 Likes

@darthphysicist

Hate to tag you, but the improved dismantle bench you get through the journey steps is worth the effort.

Legendary weapons return 3 star metal in the old bench, 12 in the improved. I get more hardened leather and fur from Cimmerian armor. Granted, after 4 1/2 years I don’t really need some of this stuff, but if I happen to dismantle any eldarium products in the Exiled lands while we can’t transfer, I need all the eldarium I can get.

2 Likes

I can’t. Call it a personal idiosyncrasy, but it feels impoverished. I aspire to feel like a wealthy exile, not one that rummages thru the garbage. “Let me bring home this old stool and slap some upholstery on it and give it new life.” I say thee nay!

2 Likes

Whoa whoa whoa, it’s called “upcycling” and I will not rest until every decor in my base is coated in chalk paint and faux distressed to complement my “live, laugh, love” wall hangings!

5 Likes

I hate this

1 Like

You are not alone my friend.

1 Like

Conan would have a stencil of “Live, Love, Burn with Life”

2 Likes

I think this stencil is more like it.

2 Likes