Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: America
Server: Official server #1726 PvE - g-portal.com
Mods?: No
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

This is related to:

Since Revision(#334396/31660), archers are falling off the walls again. In fact, it seems worse than before. Last time I reported this, about 30% of my archers would be on the ground after logging in, but now it is nearly all of them in the past two days. Here is a few more screenshots at the same location as the first post.

This archer is off the wall, but somehow doing the floating in air thing that usually only happens at decayed base locations.

Everyone is down on this side.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Login
  2. Find archers on ground instead of on walls
  3. Set them to STAND AND DEFEND again, they already were though, see previous post.
  4. Logout
  5. Login next day,
  6. Find archers on ground instead of on walls again…
3 Likes

I just logged into the server this morning and found 2 archers back on the ground since fixing them yesterday.

I don’t mean to be a jerk, but that platform for the archer is…well, terrible. Archers are ranged fighters and as such, are best used at a little bit of a distance, not 2 feet away from a potential enemy. Also, if you want the archers to stay in place, put crenelated walls around the platform that they are on. Another thing is that they are most effective if they are not allowed to move around and are completely enclosed by walls, fencing and crenelated walls.

To me, it looks like the archer is on a diving board and I wouldn’t expect them to remain on it very long. I have had very good experiences with archers in both the following role and the defense role and they almost never fall off the walls or parapet. Every once in a while it happens, but it is a rarity, not the norm.

When raiding, defending thralls are able to pass through doors. Sometimes through walls.

If you make them attack near a hole, they attack and fall down.

There is a big problem, and it can be use to bypass defending thralls when raiding :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They work just fine on those platforms. The problem isn’t with their functionality during combat; it is between server restarts that the issue comes up. Crenellated fences and other workarounds can help, but I would be putting up with the bug instead of being a good citizen and reporting it to Funcom.

@Selene01,

I have seen my guards teleport outside to fight the wild animals outside even though all doors are closed as well.

Today my dancer is ON the roof … not In the base.

1 Like

At least they are falling up instead of down. :smiley: They will be less likely to be killed by wild critters.

That’s too funny about the dancer on the roof, I wonder how the physics worked on that.

Anyway, since we have been doing the crenelated fences and putting regular fencing to keep the archers from running around, they stay in place and do their job firing at the enemy. If left in an area that allows them to access other parts of the base or place you want to defend, they will leave their post, run around and sometimes attempt to get outside.

Maybe give the crenelated fence a try and see if that stops the leaping off or ending up in weird places, it worked for us.

I’ve watched my thralls while in admin mode, Shuffle and walk around off walls and stuff when i re-enter my base area I’ve reported it myself.

1 Like

The renelated fence restricts the archer’s movement, but it also prevents the archer from shooting at the enemy if the enemy is on the same level with the archer or below him. At least that’s how it was for me. Therefore, if the archer is standing on a wall, it makes no sense to place a crenelated fence around him.

If you have a diving board of a platform, then yes. Of course an archer can not shoot straight down and underneath them. But then again why would you intentionally leave dead space that can not be covered by fire. Also, that is why in defensive situations walls are made at angles that can cover other parts of the walls.

Back to the original post, that area that looks like a tunnel almost shouldn’t even be covered by ranged troops, it looks more like a job for melee infantry or animals.

I just don’t understand why one should so stubbornly want to put archers on the wall, when they can be used on a small platform right on the battlefield. They will fall off the wall anyway.

I can’t put any of my archers on my walls or any raised platform right now because they enjoy moving randomly off it after i’ve re-entered the area.

You can try to put them in stand and defend. That way they wont budge at all. But they still fall and shuffle off areas when u are loading into the area.

It’s probably a damn bug or something.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.