Armor Balance Pass Needed

Game mode: [Single-player)]
Type of issue: [Performance]
Server type: [PvE]
Region: [North America]

Armor balance seems off. Someone should go through the current state of the game’s armors to check to make sure the numbers are lining up like they should be.

[Describe the bug here]

I just finished using the Delving Bench on the Isle of Siptah to learn the recipe for the Cimmerian Chieftain’s armor (which comes from the Cimmerian Steel line). But I don’t think the numbers are right:

From an Improved Armorer’s Bench:
Cimmerian Chieftain’s Chestguard = 252 armor value
Cimmerian Steel Pauldron = 280 armor value

So, we use a better armor piece to learn a recipe for a worse armor piece? That doesn’t make sense.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Place a Cimmerian Steel Pauldron + 50 Eldarium bars in the Delving Bench
  2. Learn the recipe for Cimmerians Chieftain’s armor
  3. Discover that the cost of learning the recipe and producing Cimmerians Chieftain’s armor is more expensive and gives less armor value than simply just making the better Cimmerian Steel armor in the first place.
  4. Post issue on forum

Potential resolution: Break Cimmerian Steel recipe away from Cimmerians Chieftain’s armor and let the art department come up with a new variant with slightly better stats.

1 Like

I think Eldarium armors having lower armor rating to compensate for more attribute points was intentional.

However, the point you make is still valid for other armors. Just comparing feat recipies for example, Hyborian Slaver and Vanir Heavy armor have less armor rating than the others.

While some dungeon armors (Khari namely or Black Corsair) have far higher armor rating than other armors in their weight class.

A quick overview just for light armor sets shows obvious disparity between armors that should be equal. (yes, the stats are pre economy update, but the armor rating issue still exsists, since it was related to base versions)

2 Likes

It is about the same value. The missing armor is found in the extra Agility the chieftain armor gives. I am not saying that this is how it is supposed to be but the extra stats on the armor makes it better then cimmerian steel.

1 Like

Hey @Bodin

Thanks for the heads-up. We’ll send a poke to the designers to see if they could give a look at armor values and see if they differ from what is intended.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.