Artisan table costs

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: America

Costs of making items on artisan tables are back to defaults costs since the thralls don’t reduce costs. Shouldn’t there be a new artisan table that reduces the costs? For example, braziers default cost is 20 iron bars, and with a T4 crafter on the table, it cost 10 iron bars. However, now that the thralls don’t reduce cost, it costs 20 iron bars with or without a thrall. There should be a improved/garrison artisan bench to reduce costs again.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Craft item on artisan bench, with or without thrall, cost is always default cost.
2 Likes

I know what you mean. I’ve been doing some testing on the various workbenches, and I’m not sure what purpose a thrall has on some of them.

For instance

• A thrall on a furnace or tannery will increase production value.
  • A thrall on a firebowl cauldron or alchemist’s bench will increase crafting speed.
  • A thrall on a blacksmith bench, armorer’s bench, or carpenter’s bench will make higher quality gear.

But a thrall on an Artisan Bench crafts the same amount, the same quality, and at the same speed as no thrall at all. No extra recipes come with a thrall. Even a T4 Purge thrall makes no difference.

The main problem with making higher-tier Artisan Tables is that there are 5 Artisan Tables - the default, plus one for each of several expansions that added related recipes. The devs are unlikely to add 5 new higher-tier versions all requiring a new graphic.

@Zayzane That is an interesting point, however the devs have already added more tables for everything to reduce the amount of things in the menu. Additionally, adding more tables for just improved speed and costs is now their way of gating the reduced costs. So it would be a natural thing for them to make additional tables even for the DLCs.

I mean, why not remove all of the extra artisan tables and then a trader’s and a precision one for all of them?

Would be good to have just 1 artisan bench with the drop down menu for dlc’s

1 Like

I would have preferred a menu solution myself, but that isn’t the direction they chose to go. Regardless of how they do it, I think having more variety in the style of common placeables would be cool, especially if they were DLC themed.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.