Assassin for Beginners

Hail, Hyborians!
I was curious what the best PvE assassin set-up might be; aka where to spend the majority of Feat points, levels 10-50? I am nervous expending a ton of points in corruption, as I’m unfamiliar with cancer build-up. Anyone’s filled out feat tree would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Yeah I’d say go Corruption for leveling. Getting Athropy and Soul Strike is a great start. Athropy speaks for itself, but Soul Strike is great with Slow Death Strike since you get a nice stun if you combine those two. Assassin isn’t the best solo class afterall. You kinda have to nuke the mobs before they nuke you. For the lvl 70 ability just aim for Avatar of Death. To be honest I don’t really go that specifically into it anymore when I make specs for leveling. Just get the most important stuff and I am sure you will do fine.

If you want to make it a abit hybrid Cat’s Paw is fine, Snap Kick, Opportunistic Strike, Lotus Tainted Blood for fighting caster mobs etc…

1 Like

Old, but I used it only 3 months ago and still worked fine as a guide for me.

1 Like

Assassin Leveling & Unconquered

This require maintenance, and an occasional re-spec :grimacing:

The first important Ability in the Assassin feat tree is Miasma: Soul Strike, found in Corruption, and requires 11 points

1. Fill Lotus Blades + Corrupted Blades = 10 points

2. Time to Re-Spec at 11 points for Ability - Miasma: Soul Strike

The key to an assassin’s big dps are 'Miasma rotations". The first an assassin can use are Grim Corruption and/or Slow Death Strikes + Face Stab to get a bonus +100% damage (single) and +200% damage (both).

Utility Rotations

• Combo - Slow Death Strikes + Ability - Miasma: Soul Strike ( = Stun)
  • Combo - Grim Corruption + Ability - Miasma: Lotus Coated Dart ( = Silence)

Reverse Rotations = Major Damage

• Combo - Slow Death Strikes + Ability - Miasma: Lotus Coated Dart (poison dot)
  • Combo - Grim Corruption + Ability - Miasma: Soul Strike (The Bomb!)

*Note: Either can be reached with 11 points

Screenshot Level 23 Unconquered
Ceaira_picture000
After you get Ability - Miasma: Soul Strike … re-fill Lotus Blades

Continue in Lotus tree to reach Ability - Miasma: Lotus Coated Dart, or experiment in corruption with Atrophy

When you reach 22 points you’ll have both Abilities in your arsenal and the next to explore should include Cat’s Paw and/or Atrophy, which is especially important for Unconquered