Atlantean Sword + Royal Armor change.org

As someone who didn’t get in on the pre-order, I would be fine with FunCom not giving it to me. I’ll be more likely to pre-order Dune if they stick to their guns on keeping these rare recipes… RARE.

However… there ARE ways around this. A DLC with something similar to these exclusive items is fair, as long as the Exclusives maintain equal or greater charm to the DLC backdoor. This means that either the Pre-Order Exclusive can have it’s skin upgraded to make design room… or the DLC Backdoor is made to look less fancy. Another Option is to make the Pre-Order versions look more Battle Worn or Aged.

Pre-Order Bonuses should remain Exclusive, at least on Official Servers, to the people who took the chance and supported FunCom first. It’s absolutely a bond of trust between the customer and the company and it doesn’t matter how many other companies are prone to tossing their promises both clearly stated and lightly implied, to the side.

All that said, FunCom has kept that promise longer than anyone else too. Even if they decided to go back on it now, I’m impressed with how far they have taken it. It would be a shame to end the streak they are on, even if I got some petty benefit from it.

2 Likes

I see u have a long time to craft it …
Would suggest to recraft the armour…with a t 4 armourer…

1 Like

They could also have some sort of rotating exclusive item that is basically a preview of things that will be released later that they give players who had these exclusives. As long as the players who had the exclusives (which I am not one of ) are able to maintain their benefit, I think this would really drive home how important early support for a game is.

I don’t own the Atlantean Sword + Royal Armor set, nor do I have the desire to own it. If this disqualifies my opinion on the subject, I understand.

I do however, think that it’s been exclusive for long enough, and offering it as part of a second (limited time) ‘Twitch Drops’ campaign in the future will greatly benefit Funcom. This would be a way of keeping it fairly rare while simultaneously increasing Funcom’s player base at no (or virtually no) cost to them.

I do not however, think that selling it as a stand alone DLC is a good idea. Perhaps including it as part of a greater DLC pack, would work well. Something like ‘Crom the Forgotten’ which would also include a number of placeables as @Croms_Faithful has been requesting for a long time.

Certainly not at this price:

The entire game including the Siptah expansion can be purchased for less. If it were a reasonably priced (and complete) DLC pack, in the range of $7-$12, Funcom would make bank on it. However, it would not increase their player base, which in the long run would make a lot more. Let’s not forget, the larger the player base, the more likely a sequel is. :wink: :innocent:

4 Likes

It most certainly does not disqualify you DaVice. We live in a free society and you are permitted to have and express your point of view.

I agree. And I know that others may not, and thats cool, they are entitled to their opinions. But I can rattle off literally half a dozen games from my own library right now, where the pre-order bonuses became available to everyone either days after the games release, or in a later complete/GOTY edition.

I am not looking to get into debates with other members on this subject, as I have already discussed the issue ad nauseum, but I thoroughly dislike the Twitch drops model. Long story cut short, myself and other members do not have the means and resources to access them. I would actually prefer them be sold as a DLC given a a choice between the two.

I think that this is more desperation or frustration myself. Unless I am getting her mixed up with another member, I think that like myself, poor Dovah has OCD. And this lack of a means to complete her collection is probably driving her crazy. But this feeds into another point which I am about to make…

While I am not 100% certain which placeables you are referring to here as I have suggested numerous ones over time, I am guessing you mean additional Crom artifacts/goodies here? And I know that in this regard I am, in the same boat as Dovah and Refrin when it comes to Crom features. Put it this way, Im not a rich man but I would easily cough up $100, heck maybe even $200 for a DLC pack giving Croms religion some more in-game features. :mountain_snow: I guess when we have no recourse available the only option we have is to try and barter our way out of the undesirable situation.

EDIT- just for the record for the record DaVice, that ‘Crom the Forgotten’ pack idea sounds great. I know that many people are luke warm about the idea of making Crom features a DLC. But doing it this way gives players agency, and leave the decision about whether or not we want, or accept the idea of having such features as part of our own gaming experience up to the individual. If you do want them download it, if you dont want them then dont. It wouldnt even impact on their playing experience. It would be even better if we could get Conan’s Fathers Sword in it too, although that is probably not going to happen.

3 Likes

I wasn’t trying to reference anything specific.

Exactly my point! :wink:

Was just making note that you (and others) have requested Crom inspired placeables in the past. Figured these two pieces would work well within that style DLC pack.

3 Likes