Attention, urgently fix enemy NPC errors that need to be fixed!

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: (Online private]
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Bug/Misc]
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvE-Conflict]
Region: [EU]

[Describe the bug here]
Enemy bosses and monsters do not attack, do not cause damage, take damage and die giving their items to the player!

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.Climb up to a stone or any hill
2.We up our bow and start shooting
3.Enemy boss and monster can not hit you !!!
4.This is used by all players, for take easy loot/exp/slaves !!! it is not right.!!!

Let’s break it down. Suppose a player is a monster:
If player hit you(monster) and you can’t do damage in return, what will you do? - ESCAPE.

I propose to solve the problem of this bug / glitch! Very simple! If within 10 seconds the boss or monster can not make a hit. He goes to such a distance which will force the player to climb down and start an HONEST FIGHT !!!

Please pay attention to this, I cant longer see players who, in such a simple and not fair way, including my friends, have an advantage over STUPID MONSTERS AND BOSSES !!!
This is the main reason why your game is not as popular as other MMOs, players not need calls your friends for help to the kill monster in the game !!! Need strong bosses and monsters that can be killed only in the community of several players! (need smarter artificial intelligence)

Or maybe simply because it’s not an MMO ! :wink:

Bosses have allready be made stronger, and more bosses added to the world.
Keep also in mind, this going with point 1, it’s a game for different communities, and pvp, pve and pve-c, but also singleplayer/co-op.
All these players want play the game, have some fun and good experiences.
Making simply all boss much harder, or highter in HP will make the game just impossible for solo or singelplayers. There need be ways to do it alone, and bows are a way to do it. Still, if you shoot with a bow only on a big boss, you know how many arrows you will need. :wink:
You need learn the recipes, make them, then drag them around. Alone.

That we agree all with, and they’re still working on it. I think it’s the trickiest part, and i agree it can be frustrating to look at to stupid npc’s. But still, it’s work in progress, so let’s hope we will still seee some evolution.

Sure, it’s not right ! :smiley:
But honestly, you survive, and on the road kill nearly all you run by. Nobody is friendly in this land, all are killing each others. There isn’t lot fairness in that, and it’s a game. :wink:

But you’re right, AI should be smarter, we all agree with that i think.
There are days i’m dreaming about the futur of games, and well, some dreams are pretty nice, some… become like nightmares after a while. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

In addition to @Vattende’s excellent point-by-point response, I would offer this …

A lot of people gain pleasure, pride and simple enjoyment from using strategy or tactics to outwit, rather than going toe to toe with an enemy designed to be a challenge to multiple people. Me, for instance !

Isn’t that what games are intended to evoke in people?

Sorry for your frustration :slight_smile:

jim

3 Likes

Stand on a stone and shoot !!! Oh dear)) This is so Very GENIUS idea !

Its 100% ok to cheese a boss. It’s a survival game. irl survival you are not going to face tank a tiger. You perch up in a tree and shoot down away from danger. Don’t try and kill the immersion.

1 Like

**If the tiger cannot strike, why should it stand and look, getting arrows in itself? Clever creature saved self leave fight and run ! And you run after him!

p.s. for shooting poison arrows you don’t need a lot of them, except that you know that you won’t take damage, you can UP the characteristics on the carried weight + accuracy!

I know about the arrows, the damage and all, don’t worry.

Like said, AI is what it is at moment, and your aguments don’t have more impact or valor if written if fat. :wink:

I see anyway, you want not a solution, but argue, so fine, be well.

I kinda agree with your point here. Prey animals bolt and flee if attacked and not killed, so maybe a similar behavior could be coded into other monsters and NPCs if they cannot reach the assailant causing damage.

There’s a problem, however: an NPC won’t run too far away from it spawn point, which means you can still corner a boss monster with a small number of high-ground safespots and shoot it to death. Increasing flee range would open up ways for possible abuse if you could drive a world boss towards other people’s bases etc.

And I don’t know which would be more annoying: being able to safespot bosses, or have them run around like idiots if you tag them with an arrow from up a tree.

1 Like

The issue I see with the developers changing NPCs so they reset to their default pathing or location if they can not damage a player is two fold:
a) easily circumvented if you send a thrall or pet in to fight whilst you are safe out of reach -> I acknowledge the counter to this will be: “so make it that the npc dealing damage to another npc won’t count and they will still reset”
Which leads me to my second point:
b) most of our fights are about AVOIDING being damaged by the enemy. Especially when we are faced with a high damage corrupted animal, mini-boss or world boss. And if we do take a hit, which can often drop us to less than half-health then we spent considerable time kiting the enemy whilst consuming healing items without taking further damage (as healing will stop if we take more damage). So there is a high probability that the boss would reset if we successfully avoid the attacks as the game will record it as time the boss could not reach us … or reset whilst we kite it while healing.

(I still remember our encounter with the Rotbranch type world boss … dead on the first attack …no warning that he’s going to be ultra-tough by taking off 75%+ health … just a sad smear left on the rocks.)

To be honest changing the code so that the tough bosses actually have to deal the player damage will probably just change the tactics to be kill pits lined with thrall archers and heavy-armour shield-holding face-tanking players instead of the co-operative player driven play you are wanting. And of course leaves those who play the single-player versions even further disadvantaged as they don’t have options to call players to help.

2 Likes

I been noticing this since early access. If the enemy can’t hit you, they should run away and take cover. Alteast this is what is used in Fallout 3 / 4.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.