Auto-craft issues in live (dunno if they've been already fixed in testlive)

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: All
Region: EU
Mods?: Yes
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

Auto-crafting prerequisites has several issues, the ones I noticed so far:

• Crafters have the possibility to go into an “infinite loop” for example a blacksmith dismantling iron reinforcements in order to get iron… to craft iron reinforcements… or tanner’s table trying to source more materials through wasteful dismantling of vines / pelts / etc.
    Here imo. if the bench already has the materials needed, then the “Craft max amount” button should default to the amount there are real materials for (or at least allow cancelling of the additionally queued up dismantling without canceling the whole process), only if the bench doesn’t have the proper materials should the craft all button try to source it from elsewhere - and wasteful assembling / disassembling of the same thing should be avoided at all costs
  • Mismatched amounts: For example the case of poison arrows - it requires a single ironhead arrow to craft the recipe, however crafting ironhead arrows gives 10 at a time like all normal arrows, the system seems unaware of these so for example if you want to craft 25 sets of poison arrows you would need 25 ironhead arrows, but the system queues up 250 since you get 10 at a time (it should limit it to 3 crafts, which would result in 30 arrows, that being the least amount that’s enough for the parent recipe)

Steps to Reproduce:

Self-explanatory.

Now I don’t know if this has already been reported, I just noticed it myself as I haven’t relied too much on auto-craft since it’s been introduced. Couldn’t find a report with the search function quickly thou.
Also no idea if it’s been already fixed in the testlive version as I don’t have that downloaded, if so, just ignore this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.