Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Misc
Server type: PvE/any
Client-side Mod updates are no longer occurring automatically; the incorrect mod version is detected, but the client never updates or restarts with updated version of mod.
TLDR mods don’t update, you have to unsub/resub to force the issue.
Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
- Administer a private server with mods
- Wait until one or more mods have updates
- Update server with any needed steam/mod updates and restart server
- Connect to server with client
- Observe “your mod version doesn’t match server mod version” update page with “Wrong version” tag on specific mods
- Nothing happens
- With client active, switch windows to steam workshop page for specific mod(s) and unsubscribe/resubscribe
- Observe client changes from “Wrong version” to a download progress bar.
- Observe that, when download is complete, status for mod changes to “queued”, then download bar, then repeats
- Observe that this pattern never completes, it repeats indefinitely.
- Exit client.
- Restart client.
- Observe that client reacquires last few mod files, then resumes loading to main menu.
- Connect to server and join game successfully.