Battlepass, Challenges, and Bazaar Broken

Does anyone know what’s up with the Khitain Captain Illusion Set for 0 crom coins and why nobody is allowed to use it?

Doesn’t matter if you bought the battle pass or not
If you ever bought crom coins or not
If you still have crom coins in your balance or not
If you own the dlc or not
No one can use them

They are greyed out for 19 people I talked with (including me)

Yep. In software, you can get away with it for a while, but it builds up. We call that “technical debt”, and it’s important to keep it under control.

Yes. And it’s the leadership that let the bus drive off road and get its suspension wrecked :wink:

Sometimes I get the impression that people – not necessarily you – see software development as some kind of mechanical job, where you sit down and you churn out code and that’s it. The reason why I say that is because not many people outside the industry seem to understand that the “culture” inside the company has a huge impact on the software that gets built.

Game development, as an industry within the larger software development industry, already has a big problem with culture. That, in itself, makes game development more problematic than most other kinds of software development.

Now, I’m not saying that Funcom is the worst there, not at all. There are companies that are much, much worse than that. Still, you can see how they’ve been driving the aforementioned metaphorical bus all this time. I don’t know about you, but I’m not exactly inspired by their leadership, or have much faith left.

4 Likes

I thank you daily in my head but you really deserve public praise for this. You’re a treasure.

There’s also one other thing I’ve learned after 26 years of making my own business rules: if you’re not selling, you’re rusting. Nothing demotivates a team like loss of sales velocity. Thar be sharks ahead.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.