Bearer (Sherpa) Health cut in half in Ch 4

Well it seems you have taken the really only fun thing left to do in this game, every thing else is the same, you add something fun then you nerf it next update, every single update, fact is thralls were just a time sink, now they are not going to even be worth that time in game, I wonder who thinks that its fun to find a decent thrall , spend hours protecting it instead of you really playing, its just protect that weak butt thralls, you spend hours to get your thrall up to level 20 as you watch it get some crap perk in the middle of that so pick it up start again, hours later its level 20 you take it to dog camp and watch it die in 5 mins, do it all over again, again watch it die at the pirate ship.

I could go on and on but why?

Thralls are worthless enough now, we have watched them nerfed and nerfed and nerfed each update, can bet on a nerf to some system in the game every single update. Be it weapons, armor, all thralls, all nerfed again and again, nerfed the player so you are not the hero, then we get an hour new game play we can do go do then that is over, back to what we do every day, thrall, run around and fill boxes with more of what we have so much of as nothing else to do. I wonder just why you all think people will stay to see what the next new nerf will be.

1 Like

You have a very strange concept of balance. 6 months of Cannibal Brutes killing everything with one combo really shows dedication to “balance”. Increasing damage multipliers for chapter 4 really shows dedication to balance. Everything already does too much damage, combat is over before it starts, and now you want to reduce health pools? I don’t even know what game you are playing, but I don’t think you are playing Conan Exiles.

3 Likes

Nice for you to reply. But that change doesn’t increase balance. Bearers are not useful for combat anyhow. There’s no need to balance them against anything.

Some bearers can reach very high health levels, but their damage is so terrible that one wouldn’t use a thrall for combat even now. Nerfing their health is just not necessary.

Also, I’m a bit surprised that apparently, the team doesn’t check these stats before implementing the biggest carpet-bombing nerf in recent years. The cannibal brute thing as a typo - okay, that can happen, even if leaving it in game is a bit lazy. But didn’t the team calculate what health potential the various thralls have? That’s a deeper level of disappointing than a typo.

Please, leave the game systems be for a while. The constant changes to working systems is tiring. No nerfs, no new controller schemes. Fixes and new content are very welcome, but don’t change what doesn’t need changing.

Has anybody called for a nerf to bearer health? Have bearer thralls become the go-to killing machine on PvP servers? Did bearer health bars get so big that they didn’t fit inside the screen?

No. It’s fine. No need for changes.

11 Likes

A long time ago they use to be pretty good at damage, as well as health. However now? Not so much. It definitely wasn’t needed. At the very least a damage increase should be implemented.

1 Like

I dont know who ARE working behind It “balance” but you need to change It , balance shall be something isnt working was indend and community isnt satisfied and If you READ fórum every players IS insatisfied WITH How Thralls are in horríble state NOW.

Also we have MANY problems to be solved like your bazar items How you wanna sell items and Win income If they didnt work the yamatai pillow still isnt working same for the New library shelf and aesir blacksmith bench.

And when you change things you change in the bad way check the Crow sword NOW got nerfed and become a normal aventured sword Theres no big damage or any type of buff from OUR beloved Crow god.

Another bad change was Rolling thrust a grit perk where they remove the grit effect and let damage effect why a grit perk give us damage? Why they didnt Just remove the damage or why they didnt change It like giving us grit when we are overweight ? Theres many ways to change It and be related to grit.

God Begin killed be 2 shots from balista.

A New pet was add more still pets useless and entering in the ground a horse can reach 38k life but a big yeti or mammoth or any big pet and of course the New big Bear pet didnt pass 10k life lol.

And for last but talking again about the “balance” the New claws feral claws have Just 40 damage and no effect and you have to do a Full event and kill Bosses to get It but black claws have 58 damage acid damage effect and you can get It for free LOL and If you didnt find her you still can kill the jherbal Boss and get blood claws or Just kill the mini Boss in den and get bestial claws with much more damage.

Please fire up the Guy working in balance Because he didnt know how to READ forums or check in game things brokens maybe he isnt playing Conan and he IS playing dune lol.

1 Like

I tell you guys, this is all so we can use the new command “Flee”! :smile:
I hope bearers run fast, because legs is all they got now.

1 Like

It really wasn’t. I don’t think anyone was using a bearer as a fighter thinking they were best in class for damage. That was what Thugra was for. People were using a bearer because they wanted their thrall to survive.

A brief history on named bearers, once upon a time before the thrall leveling system bearers were the most powerful thrall in the game, they were stronger then Cimmerian Bersekers and Dalinsia. They were the go to thrall. They were adjusted to being one on the weakest thralls in the game and people were losing them left and right because they could not last in most situations which made them useless to take with you out of your base. Sometime after the level system was introduced bearers received another update this time making them have a large health pool but keeping their damage very low. The purpose was to make them usable again so that they could live outside of the base, this is the way it is now. In chapter 4 the amount of health they have will be greatly reduced with numbers anywhere from 1500ish HP to 4000ish HP at level 20. Can they live outside of the base? Maybe, but it doesn’t make sense to me. Named bearers are somewhat rare at least they are more rare the buying a Camel which is going to be much better at surviving then the bearer is and carry about the same amount of stuff. A camel is going to have over 15K Hp and run from every fight.

So to the point, Bearers will be replaced with Camels and there will be no need for Bearers with the low damage output they do and the low Hp they have. Another thrall gathering dust in chest waiting to be viable again.

13 Likes

Good point. I forgot the various animal followers.

But now
 the animal followers will also be nerfed. And then the nerfing spiral will begin again, until nothing is usable anymore.

Crom, save us from this.

1 Like

Bearers would be a good option compared to camels if you wanted the follower to actually participate in combat. Bearers can fight and wear armor; camels don’t fight or wear armor. But with the reduction in health AND that Bearers hit like a wet noodle, that’s not a viable option. The armor won’t compensate for the reduced health. Camels are definitely replacing Bearers (unless Funcom decides to fix Bearers in the future to give us a viable fighting-armored-carrier option).

2 Likes

Reading the message again it sounds like they thought the crazy health pool made them “competitive fighters”. That’s a big disconnect from the real world where nobody wants to rely on a bearer for killing things since they do half the damage or less compared to other thralls.

3 Likes

Some people used them as tanks, but that was about it, @biglouis . They aren’t even close to being competent fighters.
If the flee command works as intended, bearers will hold, but no more fighting for them.

2 Likes

Archer’s identity does not include an appropriate ranged damage modifier? Makes perfect sense :rofl:

Probably another rare case of “Thrallus missingus culturus” or it may be “Balance passus missingus” :stethoscope: :lab_coat:

4 Likes

With respect to category identity, will there be further adjustments to make archers good at ranged combat and fighters good at melee?

What this one means is that we have named “fighters” who are still chugging along at less than a 1.0 melee modifier, or who cannot complete a melee combo, while the Cimmerian Berzerker (fighter) has a better ranged modifier than the vast majority of named Archers, and is on general the best omni-tool.

While this one appreciates the idea that bearers with their higher HP were contenders for having combat utility, this one also notes that if they are going to serve a function as a carrier of treasure in dungeons, having them with such tiny hp as many now have it is not viable to use them for that purpose. Which leaves this one wondering what purpose they serve at all?

If we want them to not take the limelight from fighters, why not give them the same trait mounts have so that they simply do not attack? With that, they could distinctly be survivable loot caddies with no chance of off setting any actual combatant’s moment of glory.
Just a thought.

4 Likes

It’s too limited and immersion breaking, imo.
They should be able to fight if absolutely necessary, even if they suck at it. :smile:

A non-combatant fleeing rather than fighting is no more immersion breaking than a horse that cannot kick in self defense or invincibility frames while we execute someone.

5 Likes

I don’t think so. Even a wimp will defend himself if there is no other chance. Besides, with the new command flee you will get the same result, @LostBrythunian . It would be adding an unnecessary hard coded limitation that you can’t change. Not in favor.

1 Like

I mean technically they try. I loved them for stacking effects which is why I try to give the poison daggers or outer dark daggers but I never really counted on their raw damage amounting to much.

And I know you explained that. And it was bad form to snip that parcel but I just had to giph the quote for showmanship.

They were true support and I assumed their HP was designed that way, like horses.

2 Likes

Then you have obviously never been around a horse or a coward.

Because a coward needs no prompting to flee and horse will kill a human with comparative ease.

4 Likes

@LostBrythunian I have nothing against adding horsekicks to the game, but complete cowards were unlikely to survive in such harsh environment. Even if they did, I don’t want a coward for a bearer. I don’t like the suggestion. It’s a limitation on their abilities that doesn’t add anything to the game, in my opinion. I prefer having horses kicking. :smile:

2 Likes