Being able to place explosives underwater makes no frigging sense Please fix!

Game mode: Online Private
Type of issue: Other
Server type: PVE-C/PVP
Region: US
Mods?: No
Edition: Steam

Well what the heck? You’d think being on water would make you safe from players placing explosives But no. I was just curious was gonna make a water base. And then i find out opps you can place and set off explosives under water! Being built on water like this should stop players from being able to have this happened to them.

1 Like

I never have actually tried placing a bomb :bomb: under water.

Is it sitting on the ground can’t make it out on my phone.

I use them against submarines

2 Likes

It would be very broken if you couldn’t place bombs under water. Just think of all the vaults ppl would have under water

5 Likes

Why this makes no sense?
Most of real materials for explosive burn underwater.
For example Magnesium will burn even under water.

Or thermite

You can made it by yourself with simple materials and try it in your bathtub at home. But if you have neighbours under you, let them know that they don’t take a bath at this time :see_no_evil:

Also i think that you need a way to bomb something underwater at this game. Why it should be a secure place underwater?

3 Likes

you were saying what?

5 Likes

A sealed barrel of gunpowder was used for underwater demolition as early as 1839. Whatever alchemical mixtures they’re using in the Hyborian Age can hardly be less useable underwater than gunpowder (which doesn’t blow up while wet, unlike most actual explosives).

2 Likes

I don’t know if its Conan lore but in the game they use dragonpowder. It’s seems that’s much better than gunpowder :slight_smile:

But the hyborian age is not realy a part or time of the human history. Its an own universe. And there are much more things than bombs under water that don’t fit in our history.

this has to be bait.

but funcom will listen and make changes based on this feedback.

1 Like

The term wasn’t used in Howard’s books as far as I can remember, but Natohk/Thugra Khotan used a sort of “magical” (possibly magnesium-based) powder to blow up the Khorajan knights in the Black Colossus. Quite a lot of the “magic” in the original Conan stories was just science way ahead of its time.

1 Like

You used to not be able to place explosives underwater.

That was changed. It is not a bug nor an oversight. It was a deliberate decision to allow it.

Just imagine all the unraidable water vaults/chests then :smiley:

Man this reminds me of Gerald of Rivia fishing using bombs

2 Likes

Being purched on a cliff or built up on a makes you safe from explosive jars, but not arrows or trebs. Fine. It’s much harder to place bombs on inclinations and other terrain providing you can even get a footing to place them and get a safe distance away from the explosion.

But being on water should have benefits too. Fact it’s easier to bomb players on water because the sand is so flat and smooth which stops rolling of the explosives is dumb.

This just irks me. I really wanted a water castle. built on a lake. But having now found out i can be bombed from under water. Eh. Not so much. If the issue is people placing vaults underwater. Then just dont allow for workstations to be placed underwater.

Ancient underwater Amphorae are known to still contain all the “juices” required to make a very palatable wine, I don’t know why a sealed ceramic jar wouldn’t be likewise useful if filled with explosives.

1 Like

No base should be unraidable.

So to be clear you’re upset you can’t build and explosive proof base? Maybe try PVE ?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.