Berry Juice Question

Was reading the wiki to study food effects. Came across Berry Juice and compared it to Purified Water it crafts from … but that left me even more confused: it restores less thirst than purified water and doesn’t do anything in exchange all while it expires after a duration? If anyone is willing to clear this oddity up for me? Is the wiki mistaken, or what going on here?

2 Likes

I’m gonna say realism lol.
In reality Water is the best thirst quencher where as juice just makes me more thirsty plus if you leave it out it will expire.

As for i game reasoning……… I have no clue I just use purified water to make other drinks.

From what the wiki says, it restores 2 more points of thirst than purified water, but yeah, it’s not a really good tradeoff.

I’m guessing it’s one of those overlooked details, left over from multiple changes to the food system.

3 Likes

This made me check again, and I somehow misread it as 50 thirst quench for the Purified Water instead of the 35 … Dunno how I didn’t catch that the multiple times I was flipping the page tabs. Thanks for setting me straight.

2 Likes

One can risk sickness from drinking from a strange water source. . . lol.
Apparently not, you can drink seawater, brimstone polluted water, water with dead things in it, etc

3 Likes

Don’t forget the swamp water in the jungle🤢

1 Like

I’m toying with polluting some ponds in my map and making the seawater undrinkable… problem would be people would probably die of thirst… unless I make a rain collector or something

1 Like

Well we’ve gone this long without a toilet Crom only knows what is in the waters we’ve all run through and swam in.

1 Like

My characters always live on bacon and river water… that beach is a sty

1 Like

Salted pork and river water for my character, with occasional honeyed feral strips and pure water when I venture out… this game is making me hungry when I see the stove menu … > ~>

1 Like

Well water and Yog meat for my character, she doesn’t like to wast a fresh kill and will occasionally eat some cooked feral or savoury meat if thing get desperate.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing it up!
Did you happen to check the cooling effect? Is it stronger than the one you get from water? Ice, so far in my knowledge has strongest cooling effect than water, so i was lazy all these years and use ice. Yet i never tested, berry juice or ice tea, to see if the cooling effect is as strong or stronger than ice! Sometimes we use the most convenient and we stop searching for more, so i would love to see more replies for the cooling effects of these products! It’s a thing i haven’t give much attention. @rolee9309, have you search this deeper?

This is the strongest cooler I could find.

1 Like

Thanks @rolee9309! I was sure you already searched it :grin:! Rum however, that means tipsy and headaches with stamina recovery penalties! Still ice remains best choice isn’t it?

2 Likes

Well, if you don’t want to get drunk, then yes! :laughing:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.