Black horse: reached 20th level and returns to 1st level

Game mode: [Single-player]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [SP]
Region: [EU]

Create a black horse using the new DLC. Put a pictish saddle on it and reach 20th level. Suddenly the horse resets all its stats and returns to 1st level. This makes my balls spin! :frowning:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.Create a black horse using the new DLC
2.Put a pictish saddle on it and reach 20th level
3.Suddenly the horse resets all its stats and returns to 1st level.
4.This makes my balls spin!

1 Like

Hey @Zardoz

Before we proceed to relay this information to our team, could you let us know if you have any mods installed in your game?

2 Likes

I’m playing with PC, SP. Here is the list of active mods:

• Exile Architect
  • Armor Mashup (Hyborian Body)
  • RP Aesthetic (RA)
  • Cospirator_armor
  • CharEditLite
  • Pick up +
  • Conan Sexiles 3.2.0

Another thing about the cosmetics for animals that are in the DLC …
If I get a great rhino as a pet and I put turan cosmetics for rhinos on it, my great rhino becomes a normal rhino !! Maybe it’s a known bug, but using DLC cosmetics seems penalizing …

People report issues with mounted combat with this mod, could be the reason for your mount troubles as well: Steam Workshop::Armor Mashups (Hyborian Body)

Generally, reporting bugs with mods will always lead to the question, does it happen without mods? If it doesn’t happen on a non-modded game, then Funcom can’t really help you, you have to figure out which mod causes the issue and address it to the mod author.

As for the rhinos, it cannot be qualified as a bug in my opinion, more like a feature. DLC rhinos turn into caravan ones with more slots, it is not just a cosmetic change. So if you want to keep the combat stats of your rhino, you can’t benefit from the extra slots and v.v.

4 Likes

Thanks so much!! Actually when the patch came out I had to play a bit without Armor Mashup (Hyborian Body) because it created a game crash. Then the author had fixed the mod and everything started to work as before until the first crashes. It was probably not properly fixed.

I try to uninstall the mod and see if it still happens.
Meanwhile, I try to make my black horse reach 20th level and see if it resets to level 1 again.

About the rhinos … all clear, thanks.

There is no greater Turan version, so that would be expected.

I uninstalled two mods:

• Armor Mashup (Hyborian body)
  • ConanSexiles

I’m leveling up the black horse to see if it still resets. Now I’m at level 11 …

Speaking of rhinos …

Nope…Look…

One of the choices includes it …
Therefore:

I do not believe. If you apply the right cosmetics to a great rhino, the graphics change and you have a normal rhino. It does not maintain the shape of a great rhino on a graphic level. I think this is a bug.
In addition, when the great rhino is transformed into a caravan one, the data becomes that of a normal rhino. This too I think is a bug.

1 Like

Thank you for the link!
I didn’t know it…
Now everything is clearer to me even if I don’t understand Funcom choice.
It made more sense to put a single cosmetic recipe for turan caravan rhino … only with normal rhino.
The choice to put more recipes (great, balck, white …) in my opinion has created a lot of confusion.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.