Black Ice building still too cheap and also what about Temp?

Whilst stone is? With new mechanics on benches the same steps needed for stone on all other building styles is required for black ice in wood instead of stone… So why nerf it?

1 Like

That is the beauty of versatility… of u want efficiency go with the efficient way, if u want looks , go the other way… Why all have to be flat? Why all have to be the same?

1 Like

Their called opinions. You have yours I have mine :man_shrugging:

I agree with opinions…
But strongly stand with options as well… I may want the easy way or the hard way… it is always great to have the option

3 Likes

The option to have a cheap t3 building, especially in pvp is, well, cheap. The step from t2 to t3 should be meaningful. Hardened brick is not required for any t2 buildings but insulated wood is. Black ice buildings should be t2. Change steel reinforcement to iron reinforcement and it’s much more balanced and starts to make sense.

4 Likes

For one T3 stone foundation you need 15 hardened bricks, which are 150 stone and a crafting time of 6:15 minutes in total. Add 4 shaped wood (thats 40 wood with 40 seconds crafting time). Steel reinforcements are used the same amount for both BI and T3 stone.

For one T3 black ice foundation you need 15 black ice and 6 insulated wood, which has a total crafting time of 240 seconds.

So in total you need 8:15 minutes for a T3 stone foundation vs 4 minutes for a black ice foundation (without the craft time needed for steel reinforcements, since the same amount is used for both).

8:15 is obviously a higher number than 4:00

Add this up if you need at least 5000 foundation for a decent PvP base (dagons embrace/watchers).

if ur problem is time , u may consider playing another game…
or do the efficient way

Lol dude. He is explaining why it’s unbalanced not that time is an issue :man_facepalming: Why can’t ppl just agree to disagree in here instead of trying to force issues to try and sway opinions. If you don’t agree you don’t have to let the devs decide.

that is why it will be good when the build cap will hit lives… cause no half map spammed with foundations for god protections will be available anymore…

5k foundations don’t include any landclaim spam. You need WAY more then.

unbalanced for u that want everything flat…
i could understand the argument IF black ice was not vanilla game so all did not had access to it… that is why i told he can choose(can have options)…
ALL can build black ice … a solution would be to BUFF t3 stone vanilla builds on par with black ice, and not nerf Black ice…

How do you suggest they buff?? Make them t4?

the smart one… let the devs decide it , not me how it gonna be… maybe lower time on crafting , maybe lower cost on t3 vanilla stone costs so it goes along with BI… not my job to tell u how … ask devs for that

He did. Your the one stepping in trying to answer for them.

i am stepping in to tell him NOT to ask it in nerfing a thing , but by buffing another
u may fail to get the diference , but that is not my fault m8

He asked for a nerf. Let the devs decide to either nerf, buff or do absolutely nothing instead of trying to change opinions. I won’t take issue with any of the above options. I see an obvious imbalance as obviously do others. Asking for weapon nerfs is largely unnecessary as you can always find work arounds. Imbalances in the building system have ZERO workarounds.

u call it imbalance , i call it options…

And you will still have your “options” no matter what they decide. If they nerf you can choose your easy option and have a t2 black ice building or take the harder option and go with a t3 requiring many more steps, time and effort.

1 Like

Well you could try to RNG farm hardened bricks from NPCs :joy: :joy: :joy:
(just kidding)

If you would buff normal stone T3 you need to be careful what you buff. Make hardened brick cheaper?
Think about ALL the recipes here: Hardened Brick - Official Conan Exiles Wiki

Make shaped wood cheaper? Same, go here again: Shaped Wood - Official Conan Exiles Wiki

Make it a T4 with more building HP? This would make it OP compared to black ice then. Nobody would build in BI anymore.

So what other options do you have when you want to BALANCE and keep the effort low? Nerfing.

In case of nerf by adding a new resource (black ice bricks), you can’t do much wrong, because you won’t touch any existing recipes.

1 Like

ur communitty is way too focus on nerfing…
sorry to break it to u but nerfing is not solution to all ( or lets say not all see it as solution)