Black Ice building still too cheap and also what about Temp?

And let’s make the other materials even compare to black ice… that is my opinion on this matter. Don’t change black ice just scale the other building mats to black ices level of accessibility… but honestly who builds in anything other than sandstone and black ice

Easier to build t3 stone when there is competition for t3 black ice. It’s about timing, right? Have more than one furnace going.

I have no desire to see Black Ice harder to make, I would rather see the building cost of pieces using hardened brick decreased.

I believe they did nerf it with Siptah. You can’t get it like you used to as it’s more spread out. You can’t just fast travel to the Frost Caverns anymore and grab it. The highest concentration of it that I’ve found so far is doing the circle around the tower. If you aren’t playing PVE that can be risky since that is a contested area and you have the maelstrom to time also.

Yes indeed. That’s why I suggest an increase of crafting time for BI building materials (adding the 1 -1 black ice brick that uses BI + consolidant).

8:15 minutes vs 4:00 minutes for ONE foundations is way to different.

Time is a component absolutely. If it takes longer and more steps there needs to be a tangible reason for it.

It was meant to protect from heat but seems like it no longer matters… I don’t know why, maybe because all of the DLCs are built with hardened bricks and that limits the player freedom to build?

The cost of the Black Ice is indeed still cheaper than the other, not as much as before though, and to be fair, hardened brick is also cheap, without the need to go far from your home to find it. So there is the balance…

I think the cost for both of them are fine, but without any kind of building limit or upkeep they should cost more to build.

And Weapons and Armor longer to craft as well.

You do realise the OP and others in this thread are asking for the opposite of a nerf right?

They want to make Black Ice harder and longer to build. That’s not a nerf.

I agree with @AxeIsAnnoying that it needs an extra step in the process to turn black ice into a brick of some form. Make it worth of Tier 4 construction so that it has just as much effort as Tier 3 to build but requires Black Ice instead of Stone and the Black Ice must be bonded with something to make Black Ice Bricks.

That would a step in the right direction definately.

Since your primary complaint seems to be the crafting time, one possible solution would be to craft one black ice brick from 1 black ice and make the crafting time 25 seconds in a T1 furnace without a smelter.

However, I actually agree with @Ragnaguard in general principle: nerfing black ice will not even satisfy the PVP playerbase, at the cost of further inconveniencing (as usual) the rest of the players.

While you might think crafting time is the biggest problem, some others will complain about farming time, yet others about weight, etc, etc.

So let’s for once try to avoid the simplest and cheapest possible nerf and look for alternate solutions. For example, make black ice more vulnerable to explosives. I imagine that would be harder to implement, but at least it wouldn’t be yet another PVP-over-PVE nerf.

Yes, that’s a nerf. A nerf is when you make something less desirable/advantageous.

Ok. Buff the Temperature system and make the environment feel harsh as it should.

That sounds great! And then use that to differentiate other T3s from the black ice. :slight_smile:

Yes please.

This would be a good change.

Great Idea! Ragnaguard! @AxelsAnnoying thank you :smiley:

Personally I do not build much with Black Ice (use the other building styles), other than items like preservation boxes that require black ice to make.

Black ice is no where as plentiful a resource and for most, they have to travel to in order to mine it. Plus, others can do the same which does not guarantee its always available in large numbers that you need it for.

Lastly, people mention time, there is a more time factor to getting the materials compared to stone since most people do not live next to it.

Shrug, personally, unless all those factors are calculated into it, I say leave the black ice cost alone.

Not a long trip to get Black Ice on Siptah or the Exiled Lands.

True, in some cases its not a long trip (depending where you are located of course). There are some spots on the map where its a good distance to the closest obelisk. Also in some spots like Siptah there is only 2 nodes of Black Ice, but Black Ice has many locations on the island so easier to get than EL. Siptah on the most part is easier to get any supply you need overall.

I could get 10k of stone in one run of harvesting without breaking a sweat. I doubt I could get any where close to that amount in black ice in one run. I would compare Black Ice to Coal in frequency in an area.

Plus if you factor PvP or PvE-C servers where you can get ganked while harvesting Black Ice since its an uncommon resource in only one section of the map in EL and quite few nodes on mountain tops where they may not be as assessible.

Brimstone is more plentiful than Black Ice. So if they make any changes, they need to account for access and quantity as well. Plus time to harvest Black Ice to Stone in the same quantity since people pointed out time for crafting Hardened Stone.

Overall, if they make a change or not, will not effect me either way since I have yet to build structures with black-ice since its dark and gloomy look for me.

You are missing an issue it takes longer to cook all the stone than it takes to gather the black ice.