B'naru and Argossean armors bug

Game mode: Online official | Online private | Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP | PvE-Conflict | PvE
Region: America/LATAM/Europe (those are the ones I could play and recreate the bug)

B’naru (T4 named Darfari armorer) can’t craft the flawless version of the argossean dlc armors.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.Put B’naru on the armor bench
2.Try to find the flawless epic version of argossean armors
3.Try not to cry
4.Cry a lot

1 Like

Sorry this is happening to you, but I could not reproduce it :frowning:

The following screenshots who B’naru and the Argossean recipes in both stations, for Exceptional and Flawless.
Single player, no mods

I can try on a dedicated online server leter, if you find any other data that would help us reproduce the loss.

Regards

jim

1 Like

Hi @Jim1, I think he’s discussing a bug with the desync issue that’s been happening on different recipes since the patch.

It’s a duplicate of the issue linked below:

1 Like

Thanks, Lan. Personally, I’ve never experienced desync on the dedicated server I play or single player.

Does it deserve a title rename to associate it with desync, or are we sure that’s the cause?

I would really like to help, but do not know how.

Regards

jim

We don’t really have causality on this. It’s just noticeable since the ping issue occurred on most online servers. In fact, if I were a betting man, I’d say if the ping issues were fixed this wouldn’t be happening.

There is a poorly written GET in here someplace, for it to be occuring this wonkily. I’m not sure of the function they use, but I’m pretty sure all the stuff for this is linear, like:

GET_VALID_RECPIES
GET_IS_T4
GET_FLAWLESS_CULTURE
GET_DLC_ARMORS

and one of those is lagging out because of the number of returned items when online goes above a certain ping.

Just a suspicion, mind you. There’s a lot of crap in that flawless portion, and even without lag, you can see it sputter even in normal operation when you first open a bench with a flawless armorer or smith in there.

1 Like

@Ignasi, the pattern seems quite similar to the post that @Lanessar quoted, would you consider merging this with:
https://forums.funcom.com/t/flawless-dlc-armor-recipes-gone/125860

Regards

jim

I’m not sure this is a online issue though. I only pay single player. Last week, my T4 blacksmith didn’t show the recipe for the flawless steel two-handed sword, but showed other flawless recipes. I had just added the feat, but the regular version was there. I didn’t try to trouble shoot it because I couple more levels for the next level damage attachment. A few days later I noticed the flawless recipe was now available.

For me it is an online issue, I’ve found out diana steelshaper doesn’t show the recipes for flawless turan armors neither on a private server and reproduced it on official server pvp #1999 as well. So I would assume it has something to do with the dlcs maybe?
I’ve experiencied the same that @Lanessar said above about thralls not showing everything they can do but it fixed if you take them out of the bench and put them im again, as a temporal fix at least, but it doesnt work with B’naru and Diana and Argossean and Turan armors respectively.

As I said, I think this is a bad series of queries, which return too many results and the results while populating can “kill” some of the recipes.

To know how this works, you have to know a bit of how SQL queries work. Basically, you’re doing a lookup say in Google. Then you open a new tab and do another search. Then open a third tab and do another search. All this then needs to be copy-pasted into the game.

If you search incorrectly or inefficiently, it will take too long to get the results, and you miss some of the data. This doesn’t happen ALL the time, just sometimes, and sometimes it will be one thing missed, and sometimes another will be missed.

Seeing the way that the game “populates” stuff when you open the bench, it’s evident to me that the “search” is returning so many results that it’s taking 1-4 seconds to show everything.

Now, those results are “cached” after this, meaning those results are “in a list” and this list won’t change until some time passes, the thrall is removed from the bench, or some other major change happens that triggers a “recache”.

This could also happen in single-player, if the CPU is overtaxed or something, I suppose. I see the “lag” when looking into a bench in SP, too sometimes. Even with a 3700X, it doesn’t show that list instantly in the game.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.