Bows were better before

After spending time with the new bow system, i have to say that the old system just felt better, and more like bowfire. The combo system doesn’t feel congruent with archery, and the holding the draw feature was more engaging. Reverting to something more like the old system gets my vote.

There has also been a bug where arrows don’t fire correctly and the firing animation results in nothing happening until the bow is unequipped and equipped again. This has been an issue on every version of the xbox game I’ve played.

Just my 2 cents.

I remember reading something in regards to the fact the devs weren’t entirely satisfied with how the bow “feels” currently either. Seems the state bows are in now is simply temporary until they figure out a viable method of using them without making them abundantly better then melee. That’s what I feel from all this anyway.

In any case, I wouldn’t worry too much about it for the time being. Just gota endure it a little more until they have their solution.

“a bit” is a funny choice of words… I mean they have ben working until 3 am these days…
They really got some huge crunch going on right now.

edit:
:joy:

1 Like

I have a habit of making polite understatements sometimes…

2 Likes

Yes, I agree.
The old Bow Combat was much more fun, and more realistic (speaking as an Archer in real life)
The new Bow Combat is nothing like shooting a real bow.

2 Likes

-chuckles-

No doubt!

-grins wide-

Better than gross overstatements though, eh?

I love the new bows, they were bad before.

I started playing the game over a day ago. All mmo’s I play I use the archer. Sadly to say I am disappointed that it’s a real bad choice in this game for now and I had to revert to melee instead. The damage output was so low when I started leveling from scratch. I really gave up. How does a new game that comes out has a broken class on its debut. When they had months of development time. This to me shows not enough serious staff time behind it and if anything raises concerns over product longevity.

This is a concern

Add another vote for putting the Bow back to it’s previous settings, aswell as bringing crossbows back.

Rags- (Q/A Tester, multiple project inputs and professional Breaker of video games.)