Game mode: Online & Singleplayer
Region: America (probably all?)
Since the megapatch at the start of July, thralls do not regenerate unless a player - not necessarily their owner - is nearby. This is primarily an issue because of thrall HP resetting to 10% or whatever it does every time the server resets. However, when thralls are first placed or presumably if thralls are otherwise damaged they would also not heal w/o players nearby. The radius in which a player can be to trigger regeneration is fairly large - probably 3-5x the minimum distance between temples - but in a sufficiently large base thralls at one end will not regenerate when a player is at the opposite end.
This is most evident with high-HP thralls from factions like Forgotten Tribe or Votaries; with weak thralls like Exiles or Cannibals they may regenerate fast enough that they will be at full health by the time a player gets close enough to view their health. However, with 1k+ hp it is very obvious that thralls aren’t regenerating w/o players nearby. If a player wants to ensure their endgame thralls like named Votaries (3075 hp) are fully healed, they must spend ~20-30 minutes per server reset in proximity to them while they heal. If the player has multiple bases with high-end thralls, it can take literally hours to spend enough time at all their bases to ensure the thralls are not sitting at 10% HP each day.
Steps on how to reproduce issue:
- Place high-hp combat thrall (example: Spinas the Marauder; 3075 max HP)
- Approach newly-placed thrall and observe its low HPs are currently regenerating
- Leave thrall’s vicinity before HP have fully regenerated (Example: teleport to a distant Obelisk)
- Remain a significant distance from the thrall for 10 minutes or more
- Return to the placed thrall and observe its HP
- The thrall will not have regenerated while no player was not close to it