It’s been four months since I made the previous bug report on this issue, and it’s still present in the current Revision #191265/23132. Here is the original thread: [LOD] Mountain model's distant LOD is too decimated, makes tower at map tile F4 appear to be floating
Game mode: All
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: All
Region: EU (UK)
The mountain model, in the upper-right corner of map tile F4, has a distant LOD which is too low-poly, making the tower ruin on top of it look as if it’s floating in mid-air. This typically happens when using automatically generated LOD, rather than hand-made LOD models.
The tower and mountain model are at position -34479.914 201105.453 -3781.502 Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/khTr63z.jpg
Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
- Open console, type in: TeleportPlayer -66573.43 251621.766 -20040.814
- Look at the mountain with the tower on top of it. Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/qztsjls.jpg
- Move forward a single step
- Higher detail LOD will then be used for the mountain, the tower not floating in mid-air any longer. Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/d1daKjm.jpg
- Move backward a single step, the lower detail LOD is then used again, and the tower is floating in mid-air.