BUG: Thrall loses weapon durability on main hand weapon when blocking with a shield

Game mode: Online Private (no mods)
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: EU

This one is a bit weird and I can’t produce it consistently when I want to but it happens often during day-to-day combat. When equipped with a shield and a 1h weapon, the thrall losses durability on the main hand weapon when blocking friendly fire attacks and the weapon eventually breaks. PvP and Building Damage are both turned off (full PvE server):

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Get a thrall with a shield and 1h weapon.
  2. Go fight mobs.
  3. Thrall goes in block.
  4. Thrall starts blocking friendly fire attacks as well even though there is no friendly fire damage inflicted.
  5. Check thrall’s weapon durability after a few blocks.
2 Likes

Did the shield lost its durability too?

I’ve noticed on my first ever thrall that the shield loses durability only, the weapons and armor don’t.

But thanks to bringing it up, because -probably- many others and I still don’t know if it’s intended or not that ONLY one thing loses durability.

I believe the shield loses durability when he blocks incoming damage (real attacks) but it doesn’t lose durability with he blocks my attacks (you can see the numbers in the video). Afaik, shields have been breaking for a while now (long before siptah) but never the weapons and this here certainly doesn’t look intended :slight_smile:

Just to clarify, the weapon does not lose durability when a mob attacks the thrall even when the thrall is blocking.

Are weapons and shields equipped to thralls supposed to lose durability now?

I had a thrall with the Executioner’s Sword break exceptionally fast. She had it paired with Ymir’s Targe.

My thralls don’t lose durability on their weapons as long as I don’t give them shields.

Ah okay. So this definitely sounds like a bug.

Hey @Narelle

Thanks for the observation, it’s been relayed to our team so they can look into it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.