Why are shields breaking in Thrall inventory?

The other day I was leveling a new thrall. In his possession was a shield and an axe. After a while, he stopped using the shield, when I looked in his inventory, the shield was broken. I equiped him with various other shields to see if it happened with other shields as well. The only one that retains stabilty is the Black Tusk shield. Today I was able to get the Helm from the Skittering Cave, shields no longer improve stabilty while thrall has Helm equiped. When did these changes get initiated?

2 Likes

I’ve seen the same thing. Haven’t tested it properly to see what’s happening, but just from observing over time, it seems like a random bug. Every once in a while the weapon will take durability loss, but it’s almost always the shield. If the shields have started taking durability damage consistently, then that’s new to me.

It seems that the Black Tusk is immune, I don’t have another Legendary Shield yet as this is a new build, so I can’t verify if the durability loss is prevalent in only the crafted shields. I’ll test new shields as I go.

Thanks for the confirmation.

1 Like

I don’t think its random, as my thrall broke two shields in a row and then when using Solspeil it started to take durability loss also.

2 Likes

I experienced this too. Shields DO take durability loss, but weapons/armor not. Wonder what happens with torches. Never tried those.

2 Likes

Last I tried, torches wielded by thralls had their timer running normally. No infinite ambulatory light sources for you!

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I don´t know how it works for you guys, but when I had a shield in the inventory of a follower, it always took damage when we were fighting. At least my own hits lowered the health of the shield significantly.

4 Likes

Yeah, shields always took dmg. At least I know of it since May 2019. Also remove the shield from thrall… He/she doesnt know when to block. But it sometimes destroys hyperarmor.

4 Likes

Not always, but around your time frame, yes. There are numerous bug reports on this and the Devs are “aware” of the issue. https://devtrackers.gg/conan-exiles/p/b2e9edb8-thrall-shields-takes-damage-when-blocking

So the recent times when the shield didn’t take durability loss, that was the bug? Priceless.

2 Likes

Seems like my thrall can go through the durability alot, ALOT faster than I do,

Seems that only main hand weapon do not take damage. Off had does, same is for torches

It’s happened often enough that at least 2 of us thought no damage was the intended behavior :laughing:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.