[BUG] Weapon Recipes Added to Character Inventory on Bench Pickup

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: North America

When picking up a crafting benches, all of a bench’s weapon recipes get added to the player’s inventory.

WORK_AROUND: Remove the Crafter thrall from a workbench’s crafter slot before returning the bench to your inventory.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Pick-up an Improved Blacksmith Bench or a Carpenter’s Bench
  2. Open your Inventory
  3. When you scroll down past your actual items, you will see all of the weapon and bow recipes.
  4. Observe that these recipes cannot be searched on 100% properly. Searching on “Recipe” yields no results, but searching on “Flawless” or “Axe” does. Additionally, the Drop button is not visible when the results contain recipes, meaning we can’t simply spam the Space Bar to drop them rapidly, and must drag n’ drop instead.

3 Likes

Hey @Larathiel

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll send it to our team and they will look into it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, that was a fast reply, I was still adding screenshots and editing! :smiley:
BTW, restarting the game fixes the problem.

Note: Another player on my server reported the same issue with Cook recipes, but said dis/reconnecting didn’t help, whereas when I dis/reconnect my inventory is recipe-free as it should be.

Thanks!

Additional Info:
Just returned an Aquilonian Artisan’s Bench to my character’s inventory, and I’m seeing the melee weapon recipes (but not bow recipes) in my inventory now. Note that the artisan I had on the bench was a Blacksmith rather than a Carpenter, so I’m wondering if that could be related.

Yep, when I place a Carpenter on the Artisan bench, and return it to inventory, then the Bow recipes show up. So it looks like the recipes that are being added to inventory are the Artisan’s recipes!

Going to try restarting and removing an empty bench…

@Ignasi OK, some more testing results for you…
Removed an Artisan’s bench that had no one in the thrall slot, and no recipes were added to my inventory. Same thing when I remove a Carpenter’s bench with no one in the thrall slot.

So it looks like the work-around is to remove the thrall BEFORE removing the bench.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

What am I Martha Stewart? Who needs all these recipes?! (Thanks for the heads-up, and the workaround!)

1 Like

I also mentioned this bug. A few moments ago I tried to move a beehive. An empty beehive.

Later I found the recipe to make honey in my inventory. The beehive has no thrall.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.