*Bugged Journey Step: Explore the entire Exiled Lands

Game mode: [PvE & Singleplayer, PvP too(?)]
Problem: [Bug]
Region: [various]

I have now done extensive testing on this Journey Step over the weekend, and can reach no other conclusion aside from that which we expected, and a steadily growing chorus of members have been saying; that ‘Chapter 10 Step 8: Explore the entire Exiled Lands’ it is bugged. I literally quadruple checked and visited every single location, and on 4 seperate maps at that. However, it still did not log as completed. I also went to the Introduction area (aka ‘non’) on each occasion. In addition to this, I also explored around the area of the Ending cutscene on each occasion. Finally, on the final attempt using our official Gamepedia site, I even visited every…single…Exiles camp, which would not even otherwise be on the map, just to eliminate this as a possible variable. Although I shouldnt really need to, seeing as though their factions markers dont appear on the standard CE version’s Map (DevKit version only). But still nothing!

So either…all four sources are wrong, I have made five consecutive errors as I did Snowhawk Clan map twice (both highly improbable), or the Step is bugged. Considering that the Journey Steps are the closest thing we have to a main questline, and this is arguably the most labour intensive Step in the entire game, this is very disheartening for those who spent so long completing it, especially considering that it has now been broken for some time.

We have a plethora of threads reporting on this bugged Journey Step, and were told that a fix should be coming soon. Unfortunately nothing thus far. To the good folks at Funcom can we please (big, BIG please) Fix this Journey Step…?

SOURCES:

1. Snowhawk Clan map:

http://snowhawkclan.org/map/

1. Guides4Gamers:
  1. Image:

1. Conan Exiles Gamepedia (official wiki):

https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Map

*For the record I also started to check it on
5) ConanExilesMap.com. However I noticed it was missing several locations, so aborted further testing with that source.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Go to each and every single location displayed on each of the above sources, checking that they are on the map
  2. Observe that the Step does not log as completed
  3. Report the offending Journey Step
5 Likes

Myself and several other members have discussed the Step at length here:

1 Like

It’s the same on PC, and the unfilled journey step… it vexes me so! :tired_face:

3 Likes

Hello @Croms_Faithful, thank you for bringing this up and sharing your findings with us!

Although the issue has already been registered before, we’ve poked the team regarding it while also sharing the feedback in both these threads.

1 Like

Thankyou Hugo. Poke the blighters with a stick if you must. No, I am only kidding of course. Please dont poke our poor devs with sticks. :wink:

Just a quick follow up question. Should a marker appear on the Map for the Introduction area (aka ‘non’ in A2) after discovery? Because it has one on our Gamepedia site, but I could not get its icon to appear in my game. I am not sure if it is even intended to be a discoverable location, but as it is unreachable by people on officials, it may be better to simply remove it from the required areas.

Oh I feel your pain on this one my forum sister. The completionist in me yearns so badly to complete this Journey Step. Same with the Mummy of the Ring. Hopefully soon.

4 Likes

I’d have find the Post, But Jens pointed out this is wink something for later. Its not forgotten.

Maybe it was Pm…

PC user seem to be only ones who can work around it do to console commands.

And from what I have been reading in certain threads, even some PC pant cant get around this. Heres hoping for a fix in the near future.

I have also reported this ages ago, it can be done in private server using teleport command to “non”
( outside playable area )
I had to teleport 5 times there before it triggered the last marker.
( my friend got it in first teleport so its kinda random )
This was in May so not sure if it changed since then

1 Like

I tried to do this one in Offline Singleplayer mode on ps4 Qrizz. So far I have been to ‘non’ around 6-8 times during the course of my testing. I have even climbed to the top of my former cross and wandered around the surrounding lsndscape. So it did actually mark it on the map for you?

This may be a matter of needing a simple change. This location should be automatically logged/displayed on the map as soon as we start playing the game. After all, our character already ‘dicovered’ it while they were suspended there, and while they left it for the starting point. Even more so since we cannot even return there under normal circumstances.

Yes it did finally mark it as done not sure did it actually mark it in the map, its tricky, somebody sayid that it doesn’t work night times and as i sayid i had to teleport there multible times before it triggered for me but finally i got them all back then, you have to just try as many times it takes.
Good luck !

1 Like

Ok thanks Qrizz that is good to know. In that case I will be sure to give it another try each time I turn Conan Exiles on for a play session. This Step still definately needs a fix though, as players on officials have no way to complete it.

1 Like

Also double check those markers that are inside the playable area, even you have visited them they don’t always mark in your map so you have to run around as long as they show up in map.
I had couple of those also.

1 Like

Still trying Qrizz, but unforunately no success as of yet. I will re-post if it pops.

1 Like

Also i did run all the 7 (?) starting spawn markers, not sure if you need to find all these.

Yes, have already done so. It could be a side issue tied to platform and/or mode. Are you on ps4 too? And how do you play? (Eg-PvP on official, Offline Singleplayer?)

Im on PC, first i played official PvP and then Pve-c server and then we installed own private server as you can’t do journey in officials.
I did make bug report on PC back in the day but fix never came…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.