Explore the Entire Exiled Lands Journey Step Not Activating

Game mode: [Offline | Singleplayer]
Problem: [Bug?]
Region: [US]

I know this is an old bug and probably super low priority but just want to make sure devs are still aware it exists as it kind of speaks to the completeness of the game. The chapter 10 journey step “explore the entire exiled lands” to find all places of interest does not seem to be triggering on PS4. I scoured the wiki maps many times cross referencing with mine and I’m quite sure the only place I was missing (minus the exile camps which don’t trigger a location) was the “non” location outside the cursed wall were the game begins. I did indeed Admin teleport to this spot to no avail. It would not trigger a location. The journey step does not currently seem to be unlockable.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Unlock the Chapter 10 Journey Steps
  2. Find all locations on the map
  3. Search for hidden locations outside cursed wall
  4. Curse the fates that brought you to this place
1 Like

You are correct Zeropoint, this is now an older bug which has been around for sometime. Both this and ‘Defeat the Mummy of the Ring’ both currently cannot be completed. I have actually done a very comprehensive round of testing on this and reported it myself quite recently (please see link below). Like yourself I am an Offline Singleplayer, so I have access to the Admin Panel. Unfortunately like yourself I was just not able to get this Journey Step to log as completed. I was also sure to go to ‘Non’ on the map. I even used the Admin Panel to fly right above and below the map in the general area just incase, and tried climbing and standing on the Cross itself, but it does not help. The location will simply not appear on the map. Although I did find this interesting sight below the map. My guess is that it is simply a blank character awaiting creation. Although it could be some bug intertwined with the issue.

Another thing which I should tell you Zeropoint, is that there may or may not be a second location beyond the Cursed Wall we need to visit in order to trigger this Step. I cannot confirm this, as the claim has only been made by a few people, and the most detailed account was provided by a member who has now long moved on from Conan Exiles now. Where is this you ask? Well just as our Intro/Character Creation cutscene takes place at a particular location on the map, so does the games ending. By this I mean the physical location of the Ending sequence plays out after we complete Chapter 10: Step 10 to remove the Bracelet and ‘Escape the Exiled Lands’. Some members have claimed the Step will log after visiting this location. Unfortunately the area of the Cursed Wall seems to be much wider/denser than usual there, and I cannot seem to get inside it even with the aid of the Admin Panel. Another user who likes to re-roll a lot previously sent me an image of where it is on the map. I will try to find it, but for now it was somewhere around this area.

Zeropoint I am something of a completionist. And I personally view the Journey Steps as the closest thing we have to a main questline in Conan Exiles, and therefore see it as important that ALL Journey Steps in the game are in working order. Dont worry friend, I am going to keep repectfully, politely and courteously poking them on this issue until we have it resolved.

On that note, @Hugo could you please possibly give our devs another poke regarding this issue when they resume work…? So many people have come foward with this issue now, and it has persisted for a very long time…

@Zeropoint here was my aforementioned testing thread:

4 Likes

Thanks for your detailed reply, I appreciate the time you put into it and that I’m not the only one experiencing the issue. Chosen of Asura indeed! As a completionist I was pretty bummed I couldn’t unlock the journey step. I spawned in the mummy of the ring so I could get that one, just missing the explore the exiled lands. I love this game and it would be great to see the end game fixed and completed.

2 Likes

Thanks for bringing this up, this was one of the reasons i started playing online. I believed that i will take an answer. Every time i was asking this questions the answer was… What is this, it help you to make greatet bombs :rofl::rofl::rofl:. I got desperate and i convinced my self that the game is not still full released. I wait and hope

1 Like

Well thankyou very much for your kind words Zeropoint! I share your frustration on this one. And as you and Stelagel will notice by the number of players to stopped in to contribute ‘likes’ in the thread I supplied, a LOT of players are beginning to notice this one. I have long, but reluctantly turned a blind-eye to the Mummy of the Rings absence since announcements that he would be coming in the form of additional content at a latter date. I spawned him too at one point, however because he felt so weak and unfinnished, I decided to wait until he makes his fully fledged appearance before fighting him. However, the inability to complete Explore the entire Exiled lands on the other hand is a pesky bug, and one which we hope will be squished soon. Honestly Zeropoint, ‘Non’ should be removed as a criterion for completing this Journey Step (if it was ever actually intended to begin with), as it makes it literally IMPOSSIBLE for players on officials to complete the Step.

Not at all Stelagel, my pleasure. There is a wealth of information and resources in my adjoined thread if you wish to try any of them out in your online game. Im not sure if you have Admin rights or not. However, whilever ‘non’ remains a criterion for this Journey Step, you will probably not be able to complete it. But if by chance you do manage to do so, then by all means let us know.

Dont worry Zeropoint and Stelagel, as I mentioned earlier I am going to be keeping on them about this one. And as it has now been quite some time, the Mummy of the Ring step too. But in a polite and respectful manner of course.

2 Likes

@Zeropoint I just realised that I only linked you 1 of the 2 threads I had created which dealt with this issue. I have now added the second thread (the one with all the ‘likes’) into my original reply to you. It the Player Helping Players one. As you will see, a LOT of people are now noticing this. Also, it turns out that it was the one with the Ending cutscene location! One forum member Shadoza likes to remove the bracelet and re-roll a lot. So I asked him if he would mind bringing up the map while the cutscene played, so we could see exactly where it takes place. Here it is below:

You are welcome to try and get inside the area and see if it triggers yourself if you wish to do so. However, I always seem to die when trying to enter it…

3 Likes

Thanks for linking that local. My hope was that in finishing the game, I would travel to the final place and thereby unlock it. However, the game didn’t seem to load the end cutscene properly and while I heard the sound effect for a journey step completing I couldn’t see if it was the explore step or just the remove bracelet step. I guess I will just wait until the ending is finished and patched into the game before I try again. When it is finished it would be awesome to have an achievement for completing all journey steps. Most of them are fairly easy but the lore and explore ones take quite a bit of time and effort.

2 Likes

Hey @Zeropoint, please rest assured that the issue is presently in queue and that it will be handled as soon as possible, apologies for the inconvenience.

4 Likes

@Hugo Thanks very much for the reply, I appreciate all the hard work you guys have done in making a great game. I’ve been playing it ever since it came out on PS4 and look forward to seeing what new changes lay ahead.

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words, we’re happy to know you’ve been enjoying CE and hope you’ll enjoy what we have in store for its future!

3 Likes

My pleasure Zeropoint, Im always haply to lend a hand wherever I can. That is a very odd development, possibly even a bug. I have never completed the finsl Journey Step and removed the bracelet on my main profile, as I just dont have the time availability to lose my character and base, and start again at my beginnings. However, I have previously removed the bracelet and escaped the Exiled Lands in a ‘Guest’ profile on my ps4. The Ending cutscene played fine for me at the time. However in fairness, this was a considerable time ago now, probably in excess of 6 months ago. The Ending cutscene should be functioning as intended…
I can give it another try over the weekend if needed.

2 Likes

Thankyou sooo much Hugo, I am relieved and excited to hear that a fix for this is the works.

1 Like

Actually Hugo, while we are discussing Journey Steps, I wonder if I may push the envelope a little further…

I understand you may not be able to answer this at this time, but I will ask anyway. Hugo, do you happen to know if the Mummy of the Ring will be making his big appeance sometime this year or not…? If you are not at liberty to answer this, I understand, please just say so. But if he were to be implemented also, that would mean that ALL Journey Steps would now be not only operational, but also completable.

1 Like

No worries! Unfortunately, we’re unable to provide any information relevant to that other issue at this time.

2 Likes

No that is ok Hugo, I completely understand. :smiley: Thanks for the reply.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.