A little help? Explore the entire Exiled Lands

SPOILERS BELOW!!**

Brother Exiles I need a spot of help. After a long hiatus and much time investment I finally got around to completing one of my only three remaining Journey Steps. I am refering to ‘Chapter 10: Step 8. Explore the entire Exiled Lands’. And when I say completed it, I mean that provisionally. Following the Snowhawk Clan map, as far as I can tell I have found ALL of the required locations, however the Journey Step in question did not pop/log as completed. Does anyone have any ideas, or know if perhaps Snowhawk Clan map is missing any locations…?

Now before posting here, I remembered a number of members discussing this in the past, and reading that there are a number of locations outside of the Cursed Wall. The first is the Trailer Scene location, the second is called ‘nom’ if I remember correctly, and the third is the spot where our character walks through the Cursed Wall after removing the Bracelet. I have been to the first, but am not sure where to find the other two. Can anyone else help me out with this problem?

@jot29 I know you were knowledgeable on this matter in past threads. Any advice? And @Shadoza I kbow that you have Escaped the Exiled Lands numerous times. Do you know whereabouts on the map that this cutscene location is/takes place? I welcome any answers and takers on this issue. Someone please…a little help…?

Sources:

Do you see the two dungeon entrances to the volcano (“The Floe”,“The High Way”)?
Sometimes there is an issue. Even after discovering them, they won’t show up on the map and you won’t be able to finish the journey step.
After searching on the Internet, I went back there, walked REALLY slow in a straight line towards the middle of the cave entrance.
Then both locations showed up on the map.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

For this 2, you have to kinda climb around the cave entrances…

@Croms_Faithful there is 1 fix method where you need admin rights and teleport to the location and the other one is, that you finish the game and while you do that you visit the last waypoint.

But this finishing the game is based on 1-2 people who said that. Never actually did it myself, as I am still missing some waypoints (but not The Floe or The Highway).

Also did you get all starting way points? There are 5-6.

2 Likes

Thankyou for the reply Ch_Ru. I know for certain that I have found ‘The High Way’. For ‘The Floe’ while I am fairly certain that I have, I cannot say with absolute certainty. I will check after I finish work today and report back in.

Thankyou for the reply jot29. As a completionist at heart, I am determined to complete this step.

Ahh no problem at all jot29. I am a purely Offline Singleplayer, so I have full access to Admin rights. In fact I have spent a good bit of time wandering around outside the Cursed Wall (I call it ‘The Outer Rim’).

So what is the fix, or where can I find the last waypoint which you mention here?

I did my friend. I was sure to get them all when I Discovered all of the Giant-King Obelisks. I used the Snowhawk Clan map and went from grid square to grid square, one at a time.

I am also wondering if @TwoJay and @TheLOLxd2 have any advice on this matter?

I do not know where the location is.

:point_up:

It could be this one: https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Trailer_scene

As you are singleplayer-offline anyway, you can give it a try.

I have actually stumbled upon that cut-scene location before, was by total accident, when testing the admin commands and speed modifier on single player I ran through the ghost fence a few times while getting the hang of the maxed movement speed. On one occasion of this happening I got that cut scene where your character takes off their bracelet and walks out all epic like.

I can’t remember off the top of my head where abouts it was, but I might remember after logging in and having another look at the map, when I get home from work later I will check and if I find it I will update you on it’s coordinates :+1:

1 Like

PC users can teleport to the location. (outside map on SW/South side)

Ps4 wise, ghosting to location has yielded death in my attempts. The video for it has been taken down, so its basically just referenced from wikia and forms that it “can” be done.

Jen, Mention this is something there aware of.

Same as Mummy of Set, (which can be spawned, and kill option used) (PC anyway)
Mummy of Set seems to do nothing on consoles when i use it.

The character I use for LI farming and messing about is on those last 3. I havn’t found Youtube video that actually shows it being done.
Let me try and find it…

1 Like

@Croms_Faithful I feel your pain and asked this very same question a few months back. I’ve visited every location known within the game world, but it still won’t complete. Perhaps you’ll have better luck since you can use admin commands if need be.

Good luck!

1 Like

Hobo_The_Wise really!? That is very interesting. I have a couple of follow up questions if you dont mind? 1) do you remember, or can you show me a pic of where it was on the map that you triggered the cutscene 2) did triggering it log the final Journey Step ‘Escape the Exiled Lands’ as completed by doing it this way and take you back to the character creation screen or no?

Thanks for offering to check buddy.

That is ok Shadoza, there is nothing to forgive. But I have a follow up question. I know you tend to remove the bracelet and re-roll often. The next time you do so, can you please see if the game will allow you bring up the map screen while it plays, and note which grid it is on? No rush of course my friend, and only if and when you want to. Others are welcome to try this one too if they would like too.

Ok I check, however I can confirm that I have found botj The Highway and The Floe, and both are marked on my map.

No unfortunately I already tried the location you displayed, ie-the Introduction screen, but it did not trigger the Steps completion Jot.

Don’t keep us waiting man, where is it? :sweat_smile:

Sure sure, that’s what they all say. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well looks like it’s out-of-reach for those of us on Officials regardless. :cry:

Yeah tried running and levitating all over the wall in that area even in single player and nothing happened.

Ughh, I feel your pain on this one Larathiel, and first-hand at that. I have spent a lot of time calling attention to broken Journey Steps. Because I view them as the closest thing we have to a main questline, it really bothers me if they are not working. Although I begrudgingly turn a blind eye to the Mummy of the Ring, as he is coming content, Explore the entire Exiled Lands shall recieve no such free pass. I am re-testing the offending step using an alternate map this weekend, and if I still cant get it to pop, I will make a full bug report. Dont worry, now that I have it in my sights, Im going to start pressing Funcom a lot more for a fix for this.

Pretty much everything you have just said is correct Sera. For any who are interested, you can spawn in and battle the Mummy of the Ring and battle him now. I am happy to provide his spawn in id for anyone who would like it. However, a WARNING: he feels very weak and unfinished in his current state, like a mere prototype they are building on. He literally only has a few thousand hp; less than most bosses. And killing him with either a weapon or Admin commands will log the Step as completed. You are probably better to simply wait for his official release.

Myself and another member with a DevKit discuss these two steps in greater detail in the below thread.

1 Like

This is the same for me. While I can teleport beyond the Cursed Wall, and ghost to the general area which Shadoza was kind enough to show us, although it does not seem to log the step as completed.

For now I will continue testing with the below source, and let you all know if the Step completes.

4 Likes

Aye, it is a descent map. Nice zoom clarity and fairly up to date location wise. Its only shortcoming is that it has no grid squares.

THE VERDICT:

Ok everyone. True to my word, I have done extensive testing on this Journey Step over the weekend, and can reach no other conclusion aside from that we all expected; that it is bugged. I literally quadruple checked and visited every single location on 4 seperate maps, and it still did not log as completed. I also went to the Intro area (aka ‘non’) on each occasion. In addition to this, I also explored around the area of the Ending cutscene. Moreover, on the final attempt using our Gamepedia site, I even visited every…single…Exiles camp, which would not even otherwise be on the map, just to eliminate this as a possible variable, seeing as though their factions markers dont appear on the standard CE version’s Map (DevKit version only). But still nothing!

So either all four sources are wrong, I have made five consecutive errors (I did Snowhawk Clan map twice), both highly improbable, or the Step is bugged. Considering that the Journey Steps are the closest thing we have to a main questline, and this is arguably the most labour intensive Step in the entire game, it is a bit of a diservice to those who spent so long completing it.

Time for old Croms_Faithful to make a formal bug report, and subsequently make sure that this issue is not forgotten. I will link my bug report to this thread so that we can monitor this, and any feel compelled to, add their two cents. One way or the other, answers are coming friends.

SOURCES:

1. Snowhawk Clan map

http://snowhawkclan.org/map/

1. Guides4Gamers:
  1. Image:

1. Gamepedia (Conan Exiles official wiki):

https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Map

*For the record I also started to check it on 5) ConanExilesMap.com. However I noticed it was missing several locations, so aborted further testing with that source.

3 Likes