Building Contest Winners

All i saw was, “wow… me and my ps4 stood no chance” I saw a few streams of people building some stuff, and opted out of contest.
I doubt’d anything i could do via ps4 would stand a chance, and I was right. lol

Massive Congrats thou to all who did enter, and win. (techinally you all won, since on livestream you all got something) (makes me wish I had entered T-rex and brontosaur…)

Congratulations to the winner! I knew it when I saw it on the Reddit. Great job to everyone else in the Top 10. I think these are some amazing builds!

Personally I’m blown away by the opportunity to grace the walls of your castles. After having survived terrible raids, and seeing land claimed and reclaimed over and over again as the server wages endless war – I chose a scene that brings to mind ancient choices and dark landscapes. Mine is also a bit of a visual metaphor… perhaps Ymir is displeased that the counter-raid is being led by Sag?

I had a great time with this contest. Best wishes to the town of Pembrokeshire! May your altars always have bubbles!

It’s always lovely to see the incredible creativity and sense of fun among the community, to contrast the daily talk of balance, power-builds, challenges in PVP and how the latest patch killed the game. This is the kind of stuff that drew me to this game in the first place.

Alas, I couldn’t participate myself. I was contemplating between the Sphinx of Giza, the Great Wall of China and Castle Grayskull (which I’m happy to see someone else did!), but to celebrate April Fools’ Day my computer died (a practical joke I did not find amusing at all), and the potato of a laptop I’m using now would probably melt if I so much as looked at the hardware requirements of Conan Exiles. Good thing I have everything backed up so when I get my computer back (hopefully on Monday), all I will have lost is the opportunity to join the fun.

Congratulations, everyone. Your works will inspire me in my future projects.

1 Like

Because I’m a new member of the forums I cannot upload my building nor links… So here’s the l1nk to tinypic where I uploaded my contribution: Orthanc in Isengard of the Lord of the Rings.
“i65.tinypic.comyo55zpng”
Put a ‘dot’ before png and a forwardslash after ‘com’ and then copy/paste the link in a browser.
Thanks funcom for not granting me privs to upload my contribution…

1 Like

http://fr.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=yo55z&s=9

So when creating this arena that we call “The Pit” I was inspired by the Ancient Roman Arena Architecture but also needed it to be functional and somewhat intimate so that we could use it for our weekly arena nights.

7 Likes

Matsumoto Castle, city of Matsumoto, Nagano prefecture. (Again :wink: )
Here was my entry for the contest. Another castle Matsumoto. I hope you like it too.

And the original. Beautiful castle, if I may say it.

Kythandra.

5 Likes

Congrats to all creators, you are all awesome, all winners
seriously i don’t how funcom staff picked the winners haha sooo hard to choose :smiley:
GG ALL

1 Like

Thanks so much! We have a facebook album dedicated to the build. There are a several pics that are similar. I was using them as perpective shots to help me build.

Here’s the link to our album:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10156805273601368&type=3&sfnsw=cl

1 Like

For those new accounts un-able to post links, you could probably either PM a community manager or moderator to edit your post for you with the link, or wait till your accounts gain the permission naturally. You need to make multiple posts and wait a couple days I think before you naturally gain the permission to post links.

1 Like

Some of these buildings are indeed jaw-dropping. I was particularly impressed by the Big Ben (I wonder how close it was from winning), so yes :), what can I say but… wow.

I submitted something too, although it doesn’t nearly have the same level of detail. I’ll post it here anyway, mainly because I’m also curious about something - so maybe @Spynosaur_Nicole may help me with it? Somewhere, sometimes, the rules of the contest may have been “lost in translation” for me, so I didn’t really understand that I’d have to match a picture - not an actual building/building idea. As I tried to evoke the Babel tower paintings, my question is: did I actually qualify for the contest?

1 Like

I’m not very good in taking screenshots, I think our memorial bridge is more beautiful and impressive in game that in my picture.

Anyway Morandi Bridge and Forum Iulium are on official server 1038, (PvE-C). Yes, we Brancaleone (Morandi Bridge), and the Nerchiallegra (Forum Iulium) built them without any special setting to increase resource farmed.

Even if our bridge was not built for the contest, we presented at the contest the memorial bridge we already had built in memory of the tragedy our city had last summer.

And we are not the only two clans who built some good things on that server :wink:

I hope in the future Funcom will propose other contests, in that case different categories for official and unofficial (with farming resource setting changed) server will be appreciated :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh, and obviously my congrats to the winner and to all partecipants, each building I saw here is really beautiful :star_struck:

1 Like

From my understanding, that building concept of the Tower of Babel would have been completely fine. You would have just needed to show the reference paintings you were basing your structure off of.

Out of curiosity, what building pieces did you use beneath the tower there to fill in the cave entrance? For some reason, I’m not placing them in memory…

These are spectacular. I especially like the Skyrim Build.

1 Like

Hmm, it could be the area changed since the last time I was exploring around a long time ago. I might have to go searching for that spot on my server. I have admittedly not been playing as much the past many months, and what playing I have been doing hasn’t been exploring the changes of previous patches.

So much new stuff for me to go do when I have time.

The silver mines are a lovely place to build around.

Yes, it’s the Silver Mines area south of Sepermeru - it’s called “The Jawbone” in game, I think. The wooden structures below are game props. Now you can also enter it (in testlive). I was a bit afraid my building there would disappear because of that, but you can still build on top of the silver mine, so it should be fine. It’s even more mysterious now, with that awesome underground area. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just posted a link to our facebook album for the Enterprise build on my 1st post.

1 Like

The older alters I put on ramps. The newer one I couldn’t get on the ramp so I put it directly underneath the nacelle. I placed the alters 1st and then built around them to get the different angles. Fun fact: I placed 800 radium standing toches with green dye in the walls and underneath the ceiling to make the Borg ship glow. :grinning:

1 Like

My stormwind city build was on ps4 and it turned out ok… yes the competition should have had a console and pc split but don’t be put off by the console vs pc war, we can still achieve great things

That is when unconscious players dont try and build block us by logging out on our structures… THIS NEEDS FIXING FUNCOM