"Building is not Allowed Here"

:grimacing: Sheesh, I am so sorry to hear that stelagel. Consoles arent cheap, even last generation ones. I hope you can get it fixed cheaply and painlessly.

Thats ok old friend, we all have our own problems. And at least I can still play other games without them overheating. But thankyou kindly for trying to help!

No I have not tried to add one previously, as it felt a little odd to me just being a one man clan. Much like the Republic of Dave. Well that and I believe I once heard that if we ever change our clan name our thralls become hostile towards us. No idea if that is true or not though. Although I may hold off actually proceeding with that until a CM gives the idea the nod of approval, how do we actually add a clan name?

2 Likes

Use the tab between Journey and Followers to add the clan name.

3 Likes

Thanks h3rb1. Ill keep that one on standby for the right moment. But just for the record, has what I described above ever happened to you when changing clan names, or has the need to never come up before?

1 Like

Once you put a name in your clan no need to change it , isn’t it . Still I believe that you can rename your clan and not press leave the clan . If you press leave the clan then you loose everything , so I cannot see a reason for a solo player to leave his own clan :rofl::rofl::rofl: . My clan name in pve is always Farm & Build , and my PvP clan is always La legion , since the fellowship of this clan had this name when I joined them .

1 Like

So that was how it works. Ok noted buddy.

Well you are certainly true to your name for your PvE game. :laughing: How many members in La Leigon? Well if I do add a clan name, I think it may be either be CFH or the Judean People’s Front.

2 Likes

I was only answering your specific question. I never had this large issue, only the “cant build here” prompt so this topic is of interest to me.

Honestly, I am not sure what will happen if you take this action. Good luck.

1 Like

@stelagel and @h3rb1. Guys I dont mean to be a wet blanket here, but please stay on topic here for this bug report. Server talk is better left for PMs or a new, dedicated thread.

2 Likes

Sorry , feel free to delete my post too , sorry again M8 .

1 Like

No all good mate, I did ask to begin with. I am happy to discuss in PM. And forgive me my friend, I did not intend to sound rude, or contradictory.

2 Likes

Just to let you know , adding a clan name won’t make your thralls hostile towards you ( but it will reset your purge meter , so do it after having one rather than just before one :wink: )

i hope this solution works for you buddy , not being able to build in your own base is really problematic :confused:

3 Likes

Hi there I am playing on PS4 official servers.

I can attest to the same issues. While I am able to place objects, I am finding that thralls and pets won’t place on top of triangle building pieces or on top of trap doors. And benches seem to have difficulty placing across a triangle floor piece.

Excellent update all things considered. I love the new benches, they look amazing.

4 Likes

A couple of quick clarifications regarding clans. One, if you create a clan, your followers won’t become hostile to you. Just because you created a clan, you don’t stop being their owner. Two, if you’re the clan owner, you can “leave” (i.e. disband) the clan and you won’t lose your buildings or your thralls. You only lose ownership if you’re leaving someone else’s clan.

PS: Sorry for an off-topic message. I can delete it if you prefer.

2 Likes

Thank you , the rest on pm :+1:

3 Likes

On topic again . I am trying with enormous effort to build something for the contest . For no stability or owner reason a set of walls and a balcony every time I log in they disappear . The walls ofcurse are placed on foundations and the balcony is similar to a polygon construction that has 5 more identical to it , but this is always missing when I log in . The walls again are in a polygon structure , a tower stair that leads to the crafting market from the river . I am pointing it again , no stability issues , no owner issues , no problems with building area restrictions . Still my PS4 the last couple of days has overheating issues and I am able to play not more than 5 minutes before it goes overheated and I have to turn it of , maybe it’s the machine’s fault , I don’t know :woman_shrugging:t3: .

ps. Placing foundations this time was extremely difficult , yet again maybe it’s my console and not the game :wink: .

1 Like

While I am relieved that I am not the only anomaly here, Im sorry to hear that you are having issues Mbeat. I have not tried shuffling thralls or pets onto trouble pieces myself. I will give it a shot and let you know the results.

EDIT: Well here is the answer to my experiment Mbeat. Seems I am ‘not allowed’ to do much in my own base these days.

1 Like

No thats fine at CodeMage. We are discussing the parameters of a potential solutions after all.

That part is logical, and is welcome to hear. And thankyou for offering your counsel here @Kanza1. Im not worried about my Purge meter at this poont. I just want my base back. And I want to actually be able to place and actually use these new benches. Sure I could place them in the wilderness, but I shouldnt have to. Furthermore, I wouldnt want to be making trips back and forth to my base every time I needed components and ingredients.

Are you absolutely, positively, 100% sure about this CodeMage? And does the same go for buildings too?

2 Likes

I know buddy. And for the record I was not going crook at you here. At least certainly not intentionally. I am just frustrated by this entire situation. We waited some 7 to 11 months for this update, and this was what I got when I updated.

I understan how you feel (literally). I was also at one stage adding a Maproom near each Obelisk, so it is frustrating. While I can understand them wanting to protect dungeons from griefers and exploiters, why (hypothetically if this is actually the case) bother protecting an Exiles camp? It doesnt even have a chest, its just 2 bedrolls & a bonfire.

Yeah myself either. Its tempting to call it that, but it just seems like their are other irregularities at play.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response. I’m glad that you have noticed this! I’m sure a solution will come soon now.

1 Like

About the Owner of the clan disbanding while still keeping everything this is true , but to be precise @CodeMage , you need as a clanleader to “kick out” all the other members of said clan being the only one left in it ( as the clan leader / if you are the last one left but not clan leader , this won’t work ) then you can disband the clan keeping everything .

This method is used generally to merge 2 clans :wink: with one doing this technique and the other one invinting everyone in !

3 Likes

I know that you turned off the decay timer from looking at your pictures, it’s not needed in single player, however, perhaps the update took this as “decayed” for the building pieces with issues hence, the lose of ownership??

Now, I wouldn’t recommend turning it back on, for fear of having the entire structure collapse.

This is all ofcourse speculation without any dev input or investigation on my end.

1 Like