"Building is not Allowed Here"

Well. Here’s the thing. I am 100% sure that this is how it works online, because, as @Kanza1 explained, that’s how we merge two clans: everyone gets kicked out of one clan, then the leader disbands it, then the leader joins the other clan, then everyone from the old clan is invited into the new clan.

I haven’t done it in single-player, because I use single-player just for designing builds. I’ll double-check if it works like that and let you know.

No, dude, not at all. I was just saying I was genuinely sorry I couldn’t help more.

I’m guessing it’s because it’s on the south side of the newbie river. There are 5 spawns for new players: you get spawned at one, go north, reach the river, and start exploring around. You get a journey step completed when you stumble upon an Exiles camp.

At least, that’s my reasoning for why I would protect it.

2 Likes

I though the same thing myself at one point, but just as you yourself cautioned, I did not have the ordacity to go ahead with it for fear that I may lose it and potentially never get it back, thus making a bad situation worse. The best thing I can do for now is be patient and wait for help to arrive.

1 Like

Pardon my ignorance here peoples; I have never tried to mess with this setting before. And I also do not play online. So hypothetically speaking, I should appoint myself leader. But should I later ‘disband’, will I then retain all of my thralls and base…?

There isnt much more we can do at this point, until we can get a better idea on what may be causing it.

You know I had a thought the other night. I am actually begining to wonder if it is part of the new countermeasures developed to prevent building inside dungeons and beyond the Cursed wall. :thinking: Armed with my newfound suspicions last night, I decided to try to build and place bedrolls I) inside dungeons where I previously could, and II) in the Outer Rim beyond the Cursed Wall, and it said exactly the same thing as it does at my base; “Building is not Allowed Here”.

As a result of this unprecedented development which has resulted in the loss of many freedoms and unique benefits to my mode, I created a Seperate Thread requesting that an Admin option be added to toggle these measures on and off. Honestly I dont know what it is, but after waiting so long I want to be trying out the new update and having fun, not trying to find solutions to bugs and restrictions. I am a sad panda right now… :panda_face:

2 Likes

@sestus2009 you run your own server. Have yourself or your wife run into any of these issues at all?

1 Like

Not in the same way you are experiencing. I have to do some experiments and check with my wife she plays on officials also.

3 Likes

I just double-checked how the clan mechanics work in single-player, and it seems to be no different from online.

You create a clan by going to the Clan tab and then typing in a name:

That will automatically make you the clan leader, as indicated by your clan rank icon:

If you’re the last person in the clan, and you click “Leave Clan”, you’ll get two warning messages. The first one warns you that leaving the clean means you’ll be leaving your buildings and thralls to the clan. The second one is even scarier, because it says that disbanding the clan means that all your buildings and thralls will be lost. And yet, I didn’t lose anything when doing that, either when I played online or in single-player.

Just out of curiosity: is there no way to make a backup of your single-player game on consoles?

3 Likes

On Playstation you can manually upload your saves to the cloud. The downside is that you have to turn off automatic uploads. Haven’t tested it with Conan, but I’ve used this method to savescum other games.

2 Likes

Well there has been yet another unfortunate development. It seems that I can no longer build or place thralls in my Unnamed City outpost either. Furthermore, we can no longer build in the Unnamed City at all! I am very disheartened by these developments.

2 Likes

In the city without a name he has never stopped building. It is not an error.

1 Like

I know that you play this game from day one , still when I started the game , 2+ years ago we couldn’t build in unnamed city . There are some places around that you can build , for example there where you are but closer to the Scorpion boss , or to a tower on the pass from the abysmal obelisk area to Sepermeru and that spot is almost always closed in official servers making the life of the newcomers difficult . To be honest I think there would be a mechanism that make more non build areas for servers and build everywhere for solo game . Since you never join servers , believe me you are very lucky on a part , your vision for this game is still pure , you cannot imagine how much complex some players can saw to others in this game :pensive: .

1 Like

They mentioned in another post that this won’t happen, unfortunately. I hope they change their mind and add a slider for claim radius.

My guess is that the PS4 had initially three versions of the game built in, Solo, co-op, and online. This is why there’s so many issues now that we are using a single version.

On the “upside” it may help with getting future updates faster.

2 Likes

I believe someone told me after I rented my server that land claim radius is adjustable on server but has to be set up at launch or after wipe.

2 Likes

Ok folks I have now received some clarification from Ignasis in a seperate thread. And while it seems to be bad news, I cannot be 100% sure. Here is what he had to say.

However, as I explained to Ignasis, my main base is my primary base is not located outside of the Cursed Wall, or inside a cave or a dungeon. It is along the banks of the River Biome, in a rather ordinary location. It is in close proximity to a now despawned Exiles camp, approximately 4-5 foundations away diagonally in distance. However, as I will further elaborate in the following post, and as my screen shots have illustrated, the problem not just being unable to build there, but recognition of ownership there is extremely sporadic and confusing. Please see below…

3 Likes

Game mode: [Offline | Singleplayer]
Problem: [ Bug? Misc]
Region: [Here]

As there has been ‘concerns’ raised about the clarity and purpose of another thread which deals with this issue, I have decided to generate a bug report of it as a precaution.

Since Update 2.3 on consoles, some Singleplayers such as myself have found that we are no longer able to build next to Obelisks, in dungeons, deep within the Unnamed City, beyond the Cursed Wall in the outer rim, inside of caves, or even in Sepermeru. However now we can not even so much as a common build a humble Bedroll at any of them. When I attempt to place an item it only reads “Building is Not Allowed here”. This message has also begun to appear at some players bases. Was this a planned or intended change, or is it a bug?

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Attempt to build in locations where we previously could. Notable dungeons and the outer rim
  2. Realise we no longer can
  3. Generate a bug report and request a course of action in two threads
  4. Start another thread to clarify
7 Likes

Hey @Croms_Faithful

Most of these things you’re describing are the results of exploit fixes released since Update 2.0 and therefore included in the 2.3 console update.
Building inside dungeons, or outside the green wall, for instance, has been fixed as part of anti-exploit measures.
In particular (ommitted the lines that don’t apply):

Regarding this point:

If these player bases were found in any of the fixed locations, their structures are not destroyed, but no other placeables or structures can be added.

There are currently no plans to add a setting override for these exploit restrictions.

2 Likes

Tragic that building in so many locations is consider an “exploit”.
I do hope, at some time in the future, a toggle to remove these new exclusion zones or other no build designators is added. Like god-mode, ghost-mode, and harvest/thrall breaking speed multipliers, it’s something that while not necessarily appropriate for PvP, is of great utility to console players for customizing their game experience. Especially as we cannot simply install the Less Building Restrictions mod.

But at least we know it is a deliberate restriction and not a bug. Thank you for that information.

4 Likes

Thankyou for the reply @Ignasi, I appreciate it. But your post only answers half of my questions, and does not provide an answer to other issues attached to this which are causing me confusion and stress.

For one, my primary base is not located outside of the Cursed Wall, or inside a cave or a dungeon. It is along the banks of the River Biome, in a rather ordinary location. And now I can no longer build there either. And there are other matters relating to this which are further complicating the matter. Can you or one of our other CMs PLEASE visit my first bug report thread (below) which I created? I must not only understand what has happened, but what my best options to correct it are moving forward? Because I am sure that you yourself, and for that matter any other member, can understand I do not want to have to tear down my entire base which I spent over 1.5 years building singlehandedly, and start again at my beginnings. I am not a person who has just created an account to troll, but someone who loves Conan Exiles and admires Funcom as an organisation, and has dedicated my time time outside of work to helping this community which they have created here. Please dont shun me; help me!

3 Likes

Here is a drawing of the outlay of my base. Please pardon its crudity. The colour coding is explained in the key below. There is a compass located above, and the dead camp is represented by the small flame icon in the upper left.

1) Ok so at this point, the first thing I would like to check is as follows: My main base is not located in one of the places Ignasis outlined above. Would the dead Exiles camp be what is generating this issue, or could it be something else at play here?

2) The reason I ask stems from the drawing. Ok, so I could understand the West wing areas displayed as red being no build if the cause is what is listed above. However, why then is most of the Main Hall area, shown as green listed as owned, yet when I get to the East wing area in blue (even further away again than the Main Hall), is it back to labelled as unowned when it is further away…!? It doesnt make sense.

3) In addition, to this, why can I not place new foundations even further east past the East wing (eithet detatched from or joined to the buildin), considering that it is some 25 foundation spaces away in total…?? That is huge! It just doesnt seem like the expected amount of no build radius to be attached to a generic Exiles bonfire.

*Rationale: Now here is the thing. The reason I would like to know is this. I am a purely Offline Singleplayer who build this mansion alone, over the course of some ~18 months WITHOUT cheating resources using the Admin Panel. It is my pride and my home. And for one, I do not want to go pulling it down unless we are absolutely certain that the camp is the cause of this, because other strange things are afoot. And for two, if I must tear it down, I would much prefer to only tear down the minimum amount neccessary, then expand further to the east. Just think of it as ‘X number of steps to the right’. So hence, I am attempting to establish why the building pieces are labelled erratically so that I may plan my next move accordingly.

So I am once again pleading to the CMs; please help me solve this so that I can move forward withe game I love.
@Ignasi, @Community

1 Like

@Croms_Faithful
Could you please provide the exact location of this base just so we can confirm if any of these locations are the ones affected by the exploit fixes or by any other change included in the update?
A screenshot of the ingame map pointing at the location would suffice.

Please understand that nobody is getting shunned nor these changes are to be taken personally. Please provide us with the information above so we can better look into this particular issue and see what’s the particular blocker causing this.

5 Likes

Thankyou so very much Ignasis! My main base is located at coordinates J,3 on the Map, where the red icon is shown in the above image, and where the player icon is located in the lower image.

Ps- I should just note that once we hit the second, third floor and ceiling of the structure, while the red areas remain unchanged, the green areas displayed on the image then become blue in their behaviour and messages, ie- not owned but able to build. So while the ground below those levels is recognised as owned, the ones above are not! Sound confusing? It is. Well certainly to myself at least.

3 Likes