Buying The Park on Steam, but SWL NOT on Steam

The Park is on sale on Steam this week for a bit under four bucks US, so I was considering a purchase. It looks like The Park originally awarded a couple of vanity items in TSW.

If I buy The Park today, will those vanity items show up in SWL?

If the above answer is “yes”, do I have to own a Steam version of SWL or will a non-linked account work alright?

The answer to the first question, i believe, is no. Those items were for TSW. If The Park still gives items to TSW, you would be able to get the chad suit and the woodcutters necklace (clothing) in SWL with vanity transfere only.

As for the last question, im afraid i dont remember how you connected the two games, so not sure if you need TSW on steam =/

1 Like

There is, or was, a menu option in The Park which allows you to link your TSW account which will then give you the items. I assume it still exists.

I still use the Woodcutter’s Regret talisman in TSW.

1 Like

SonOfTheWolfs is correct - Bonus items from The Park can only be redeemed to TSW Classic, not Secret World Legends. The TSW Classic account does not need to be linked to Steam.

If you haven’t yet used the TSW Vanity Transfer service, vanity items (not talismans) from your TSW Classic account can be copied over to a linked Secret World Legends account. You can read more about that service, including its requirements and limitations, here: Legacy Transfer vs Vanity Transfer

1 Like

Minor correction: You would only get the Killer Chipmunk suit and mask. The cosmetic version of the Woodcutter’s Regret was a reward that was given to all TSW characters when The Park launched.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. This is just one more reason why it seems silly that the vanity transfer is a one-time-only event.

Then again, I suppose I’m just salty that I blindly followed the game prompts and clicked the transfer button instead of installing the old game and figuring out that i needed to use the store to claim all of my stuff on both a male AND a female gender character and THEN clicking the transfer button.

1 Like

Depending on when you did it there may be a second transfer available. I did the same as you at the Steam launch and just transferred right away without realising it was a one-time deal.

I wonder why they don’t allow players to pay a nominal fee (say, $5US) for additional vanity transfers past the first?

3 Likes