Can't file a complaint about land grab as a new user

So according to “Terms of conduct, guidelines and procedures” land claim spam is bannable offense, but as a new user I can’t upload images or include links in messages, so there is no way to support my complaint with evidence

What should I do?

1 Like

Well I would say let the forum account age a little bit, maybe describe the problem and the server youre on. Is a resource or dungeon being blocked or are you just having trouble with a build spot.

While we are here tho @Hugo, I have a question about this. So land claim, how petty are people allowed to be about this? Example someone builds right next to the area youve staked out in pve, their land claim creeps into your wall they are that close. So close that their purges spawn in your base. You try to message them to ask them to move and theyre parental blocked accounts that dont receieve incoming messages. So you build houses on the corners of their land claim to shut down them building the base so it cant expand larger and mess with yours any more. Am I risking a ban for defending my build area the only way I can in pve with a unresponsive player?

2 Likes

Just whole areas up north spammed with fence foundations, like over 3 or 4 map squares, server 1213

That seems senseless. Im unsure what the prereq is for posting images or links. If its post counts i recommend hitting a few of the thread games and maybe bumping my post about camels for more discussion time. Hugo should end up dropping into this thread since hes been summoned. Hopefully youll be able to do links and pics by then. Best of luck man.

Unfortunately it requires a bit of work on the forums to gain access to messaging.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve figured it out already and gained required trust level. Still, it’s very flawed system for reporting toxic behavior, something in-game would be much better.

1 Like

I agree, I posted about it as well. Unfortunately I received some defensive feedback. Lets hope they use the tools at their disposal (databases) and form fill items to close the gap. If not in game at least give an easy link to do so. Best of luck!

You can post pictures and videos by uploading them and breaking the links even as a new user. They can reconstruct them and see them:

imgur.com -> imgur. com
youtube.com -> youtube. com

2 Likes

I’ve initially tried replacing dots in url with spaces and underscores and it was still considered as a link

Narelle’s method above works, however. I’ve seen it used lots of times by new posters…

1 Like

alternatively, you can just spend a bit more time on the forums and you wouldn’t have to go through any loopholes to use links and pictures in your direct private messages to the community support:

NEW FORUM ACCOUNTS: Please be aware that newly created users can’t send private messages until a certain threshold has been met, which is to read 5 different posts, 30 different messages, and spend 10 minutes logged in. This is to prevent automated spam.

5 Likes

Thank you for advice, I’ve already did and successfully send DM. Nevertheless, my point is, it might be not too much of a hassle for an average english speaking player, who is aware of existence of official forums, but for everybody else it’s quite a steep obstacle as it is, without even requirement to gain certain “trust level”

I believe the below is relevant for your case as well:

I think putting a little time in to report server abuse is worth it. this will keep people from just creating multiple users on forums and fake report to make it seem worse. Again, if the abuse is bad enough to report, then working the system until you get messaging rights is worth it.

4 Likes

It’s a complete joke tbh

No es un sistema defectuoso, es para evitar el spam

I agree with WhatMightHaveBeen here. Yes, it’s more work for us, the players. But with limited manpower, requesting accurate reports with clear evidence helps Funcom prioritize critical cases and investigate matters quickly.

It may not be ideal, but it lets them do something about rulebreaking and abusive behavior. It’s a lot more than we had a week ago.

Feedback and suggestions for improvement are always welcome, of course, but there’s no point complaining that the reporting system is not good enough. It’s a start - a step towards the right direction. What we can do is help Funcom make progress with the system, rather than criticize them for not taking a longer leap.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.