Cant play now. save file gone but cant start fresh because it cant delete old save file

The information you filled out should now be listed below. :point_down:
Please copy this info and paste it into a new report. Thank you!

So it had me fill out a bug report. not sure where it is but I don’t see the info anywhere now.

So I am playing a solo game, I hit continue and play in single player, but the same happens even if I choose co-op, it tells me 'No save game could be found for the active user. If you expected to find a save game please wait a moment then try again. I waited 30 minutes and still no change. I wasn’t to far in so I had no problem making a new one, EXCEPT…when I try this I get 'A saved game already exists. Do you wish to over write it? I choose yes, then it tells me it could not delete old game database. please try again…so I did, and did, and did.

I have tried to verify and repair, same thing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, same thing and I deleted the whole folder and reinstalled, same thing.

Not sure if this is because of the patch, it worked earlier. Then noticed that the shop and things were not working, read that I needed to do a fresh install to kick in the patch and I did and this is as far as I got. Any help would be greatly apprecited!

I think I fixed it finally with the help of a youtube video, though the video was for another topic - I had to go into both WindowsNoEditor and WindowsServer files, into conansandbox on both and into saved on both. I then had to delete the files in those folders, BOTH those folders and I was able to create a new character.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.