Can't skip Opening Cinematic when game loads up

Game mode: All Game Modes
**Type of issue:**Bug
Server type:Any
Region: Any

A good 9 out of 10 times, when I click to load up Conan Exiles, the intro cinematic plays and can not be skipped. Where as 1 out of 10 times i can skip it with any button to get to the main menu.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Start the application

I sincerely hope this is appropriate …

There is a way to eliminate the cinematics altogether, if you want to do it that way. You must repeat it each patch/download and if you ‘verify local files’ through Steam, it reverts.

Find “D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Config\DefaultGame.ini”
Within the file find:
[/Script/MoviePlayer.MoviePlayerSettings]
bWaitForMoviesToComplete=True
bMoviesAreSkippable=True
-StartupMovies=
+StartupMovies=StartupUE4
+StartupMovies=StartupNvidia
+StartupMovies=CinematicIntroV2

For the following three lines, change the + to a -
+StartupMovies=StartupUE4
+StartupMovies=StartupNvidia
+StartupMovies=CinematicIntroV2

Result:
-StartupMovies=StartupUE4
-StartupMovies=StartupNvidia
-StartupMovies=CinematicIntroV2

No more cinematics on load.

Good luck !

2 Likes

we can do this and it does not mess with gameplay or terms?

the nivida load screen never completes its cycle and i am always looking at a black screen but hear the conan movie part talking but cant see it lol would love to get rid of them.

thanks
cynn

I can’t speak to terms, but refer to all the game mods that manipulate files much deeper than a .ini.

No, it does not affect gameplay.

I found it with Google “How can I skip intro movies in Conan Exiles”.

Notice …
bWaitForMoviesToComplete=True

I have yet to try this by setting it to “False”. That would let you see the start of each cinematic, but eliminate waiting for the finish, just go to the next one when the relevant files are loaded (maybe?)

I would backup the modified file as a precaution.

Best of game !

You can skip them like said @Jim1 or remove them from Conan folder. BUT… If u cant skip them, you have probably some mods in game ? Because i had this problem only when i download same mods

no mods at this time, it seems to be a off and on issue

I can’t be bothered and just mute and go get a cuppa/glassa/bottle-a something whilst it buggering about. When it’s done with all the nonsense, it’s on the main screen and Let the Blood flow (mine usually) and the Games Begin! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.