Can't transfer items to/from inventory

Game Mode: Online Official & Online Private.
Type of Issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: USA

This is a rare bug in my experience. I don’t know how to duplicate it, but I will describe to the best of my ability. When this bug occurs, character inventory items (backpack) will often not transfer to/from a shared inventory (containers, crafting stations, thralls). The first time I experienced this was when I was moving hundreds or perhaps thousands of items in a short period of time. At the time I assumed I had reached the character’s inventory slot limit. When attempting to transfer an item, it would quickly flash from one container to the other, as if it had moved properly, then immediately return to its original location. If you weren’t looking for it, it’s subtle enough to not notice at first.

It happened again today, but I know for certain I didn’t have too many item slots in my inventory. In this case, the apparent trigger was when my thrall was hostile and running away from me. He had a truncheon equipped, and I removed it and gave him a damage weapon in its place. I switched his weapon and the shared inventory screen disappeared. I assume it disappeared due to thrall exceeding the distance that allows for shared inventory. The thrall’s truncheon never displayed in my inventory. There is no way to know in game mechanics where the truncheon was after this point. From this moment forward most, if not all attempts to transfer items to/from my character’s inventory failed in the manner described above. In both scenarios, relogging fixed the error. In the more recent scenario, after the relog, the truncheon was visible in my character’s inventory.

No idea how or if this can be duplicated, but that’s as much information as I can remember. Has anyone else ever experienced something like this?

Are you experiencing this only while on testlive? If you meant to post in PC live, you missed a bit.

If so, @Hugo can move it there where it will get the appropriate attention.

Regards

jim

Correct. I have only experienced it while using Testlive. It may also happen on Live, but I have not experienced it there.

@hugo will move it appropriately when he returns from the weekend. Good luck !

Regards

jim

Happened again, but this time with hopefully helpful screencaps. Another player spawned in some building pieces and dropped them in a loot bag for me. I “looted all” to pick the items up into my inventory. A significant length of time later (perhaps one hour?) I was unable to unequip my gear/hotbar items. I was able to transfer items to and from a container. I took a screencap just before logging out. I took another screencap after logging back in once I noticed the discrepancy. You can see from the screencaps that some foundation pieces are in my inventory after relog that were not there previously. Except they had been there for an hour or so.

1 Like

Also happens on PS4 live servers

1 Like

Well, that removes questions in my head about hardware. Thanks.

This is a common bug, when the server lags and you try to loot an item which is not dropped, a quick relog normaly fixes the bug. The item does not disappear and still in your inventory but invisible.

1 Like

Thinking back, I can’t remember for certain if a loot bag was present in all these scenarios, but it is highly likely. Thanks for the extra info.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.