Can't unequip items from quick slots without replacing them

Game mode: [Singleplayer]
Problem: [Bug]
Region: [AU/PAL]

Since I have finished building what I was building and have leftover building materials in a few quick slots that I want to put in storage for later, I thought I would try unequip them to store them, but I can’t unequip them, no item will can be removed from my quick slots without being replaced by another item.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Equip item to quick slot
  2. Try to remove item from quick slot
  3. Discover that the item is still in the quick slot despite the attempt to remove it
  4. Place another item in that slot.
  5. Now the first item is in your inventory and you will need to repeat steps 1-4 to remove that item you replaced it with.
2 Likes

You can. Open your inventory, highlight on an empty slot in the inventory, bring up the quick slot and choose which item you want to remove. It will move the item to the slot you highlighted

My mate’s adamant that he’s never been able to do this, I’ve never been round to his to check for sure unless he’s just doing something wrong/different to me because I’ve never had any trouble doing it. Although when my server comes back up I will be trying this now, just to make sure!

op is right. it’s bugged

I tried that, the empty inventory slot stayed empty, and the item remained in my quick slot.

I’ve identified the cause of the bug just now, if you have your inventory sorted by heaviest first or name, you cannot remove items from your quick slot without replacing them, but if you have it sorted by custom, you can remove items from quick slots without the need to replace the item with another item.

I can say with absolute certainty that sorting is what is doing this, as I have tested all 3 sorting settings several times, and only heaviest first and name require you to swap items in quick slots. So until they fix this, do NOT sort your inventory by anything but custom to avoid this annoyance.

2 Likes

The quick loot is disappeared again, to loot from corpses I need again to open their inventory…
Is it only me suffering this issue?

I’ve had this start happen recently too, this has happened a few times it seems and is usually “fixed” in the patch after it breaks.

I was going to say it only works in custom. Huge annoyance that it won’t work with name or heaviest.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.