Can't use anything through an open door

Game mode: [Online]
Problem: [Bug]
Region: [EU]

I keep my chests inside 1x1 rooms. Open the door - use the chest - close the door. This is how it worked before the last patch. Now when I open the door the only thing I can use is that door so I have to remove it then do my business with the chest and then put the door back.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. build a room with a door
  2. put a chest (or anything else) inside the room right in front of the door
  3. open the door from outside and press the square button to use the chest
  4. the door closes instead

My friend told me that he has the same issue with a door and a hatch. If a hatch is behind the door, you can’t open it from the outside (and if you go inside you still can’t open the hatch because now you are standing on top). Same thing with two doors in a row. Navigating through his base is a hell atm.

I just want to know if this change was intentional and we have to rebuild our houses or should we just wait for a fix?

I can also confirm this issue. I saw post by FunCom on Twitter, the PC got hotfix and it is being pushed to consoles asap. But for that to come, we are delayed by playstation network policy for updates. So there might be 24+hr delay. I hope it gets fixed soon, since it is really gamebreaking.

Hey there,

We’re aware of this issue and looking into it. It’s not coming with the next hotfix that’s going through certification.
Here’s the list of fixes coming with the hotfix:

Damn, i hope it gets fixed really soon then. People are leaving ps4 because of this. Our 40/40 server turned into 18/40 after few days with this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.