PC Hotfix (12.05.2019) - Critical fixes

Hey everybody!

We’re releasing a new hotfix for the game that should take care of a few critical issues introduced with the last patch.

One of those issues was the ability to knock out and break some NPC bosses, which is completely unintentional. Since it could result in some critical balancing problems within the game, there will be a targeted wipe of any boss-mob that has been captured: that affects ALL NPCs from the Dagon dungeon and the emissaries from the Volcano area (Emissary of Haon-Dor and Emissary of Tsathouggu). The list of affected NPCs is as follows:

The Watcher Above
Half-Child of Dagon
The Captain Below
The Ritual Keeper
Samar the Blade
Enia the Searcher
Obsun of Hyrkania
Ness of Shem
Moras of the Sands
Hat’She the Mad
Seeker Ophelia
Brandt of Zingara
Brood-Guard Assin
Brood-Guard Issis
Vathis the Hierophant
Emissary of Haon-Dor
Emissary of Tsathoggua

This wipe will come into action once all official servers are being restarted to apply the patch. This auto-wipe will only affect official servers. We sincerely apologize for the short notice, but we agreed that this would cause an extreme imbalance in the game mechanics if not acted upon swiftly.

Thanks again community for your continued feedback and support.

Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.

notes

ai

• Players can no longer knock out and break the Emissary bosses from the Underwater Dungeon. PLEASE NOTE: Any existing thralls gained in this way will be removed in a patch shortly.
  • Inventory of Gazelles is now back from 10 to 20.
  • Fixed an issue that made a number of NPCs unavailable in the game.

general

• Fixed an issue that would prevent climbing in caves and other locations.
  • Fixed a visual issue in which human NPC corpses would flicker or disappear.
  • Nordheimer heart now correctly drops from Tier 4 Nordheimer enemies.

terrain

• Resources can be harvested in dungeons again (i.e Black Ice in the Temple of Frost).

ui

• Conflict option in Server Browser’s Combat Mode drop-down is now functional again.
  • Server Settings in menu can now be saved again.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented resolution settings from applying correctly.
  • The Event log privacy option is available again in the server settings menu.

community

Trello Report Board

We have a public bug tracking board here! You can check this to track the issues that get brought up by the community the most. In the “For prioritization” column you can vote for the issues you would like us to prioritize and we will make sure it gets moved into development asap. You can read the full details on how it works on the forum post here.

Separate TestLive Product on Steam

We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.

If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.

We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.

12 Likes

Thank you for the prompt hotfix!

2 Likes

What about the issue with doors/gates where you can’t open underwater and if you have multiple doors you keep opening and closing the first one. You cant look through an open door anymore you just see the door even when open.

Thank you for the hotfix

I have a comprehension question

will the patch apply the wipe of those npcs?
or do we private server owners have to do a wipe ourselves to get rid of them?

Just trying to figure out which one it is.

You are bad people, funcom :slight_smile:
What imbalance can be caused by the presence of a dozen slaves of players?) On pvp servers, they will die, sooner or later. Yes, it is necessary to fix it. But those who knew about it and reported have the right to use at least one. It’s my opinion.
You do not interfere in the game on the servers? Why then all this farce? :slight_smile:
How many man-hours were spent in vain, due to the long correction of flying bases? Fountains? Dupa of the gods? Jumps? Powerful attack without a combo?
How long did we expect star metal fixes?

This is not the dupe of resources or spheres, which then required intervention. This is just a small bonus and the growth of player interest in your game. And by such actions, you simply repel the players.
Really, for all the expectations, losses, from your mistakes, players do not have the right to enjoy something similar at least twice, like an exclusive slave? Especially those with you from the very beginning.

Not even a free weekend will save you. Thank you for giving hope and taking it away. :slight_smile:

на русском

К какому дисбалансу может привести наличие десятка рабов у игроков?) На пвп серверах они умрут, рано или поздно. Да, исправить надо. Но те, кто знал об этом и сообщил имеют право использовать хотя бы одного. Это мое мнение.
Вы же не вмешиваетесь в игру на серверах? Зачем тогда весь этот фарс? :slight_smile:
Сколько было потрачено человеко-часов зря, из-за долгого исправления летающих баз? Фонтанов? Дюпа богов? Прыжков? Мощной атакой без комбо?
Сколько мы ждали исправления звездного металла?
Это не дюп ресурсов или сфер, который требовал тогда вмешательства. Это просто небольшой бонус и рост интереса игроков к вашей игре. А такими поступками, вы просто отталкиваете игроков.
Неужели за все ожидания, потери, от ваших ошибок, игроки не имеют право хоть два раза насладиться чем-то подобным, вроде эксклюзивного раба? Тем более те, кто с вами с самого начала.

Не спасут вас даже бесплатные выходные. Спасибо за то, что дали надежду и отобрали ее. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I understand not everyone will agree with our decision on this but that is the decision we go with.
Also, I would like to point out that adding positive emotes/smilies to a post that is overall borderline against our rules won’t save you from a warning or infraction.

We are always grateful for input and feedback but everyone on these forums agreed to the community guidelines so please read through them again to make sure you are aware. Those guidelines are in place so we can get constrictive feedback, can ensure a great environment for new players to join and for us to improve on all aspects of communication and our games in general.

5 Likes

Better not to delete. Raise the rating of your server and many will thank you. :slight_smile:

Only official servers are auto-wiped. We clarified further in the notes above.

1 Like

Hotfix was supposed to fix critical stuff…

but official server 1313 still crashing evey 10min after 5 days

@Tascha
I do not speak English as a native language, but I think I expressed my opinion and comment on the update quite well. I wanted to be limited to one message. I will say one more thing. If I have broken any point of the rules, indicate this. Otherwise, it all looks like “close the mouths of dissent, so as not to spoil the statistics.” :slight_smile:
I’m not looking for salvation, I expressed the emotions that I feel. Because watching year after year as the project progresses, I am amused by such updates, situations and your comments. From you, I did not expect this, I considered you a very adequate person. :slight_smile:
P.S. Where is your praised tolerance? Your rules are against the law, if you can not express a comment and opinion about the update in the topic that was created for this. Or all the error messages, help and so on for you empty sound? It’s a pity. I wish you success.
Best wishes.

рус

Я не владею английским как родным языком, но думаю я достаточно хорошо выразил свое мнение и замечание к обновлению. Я хотел ограничиться одним сообщением. Скажу еще одно. Если я нарушил какой-то пункт правил, укажите это. Иначе, это все выглядит как “закрыть рты несогласным, чтобы не портили статистику”. :slight_smile:
Я не ищу спасения, я выразил эмоции, которые я испытываю. Потому что наблюдая год за годом за развитием проекта, меня забавляют такие обновления, ситуации и ваши комментарии. От вас я такого не ожидал, считал вас очень адекватным человеком. :slight_smile:
P.С. Где ваша хваленная толерантность? Ваши правила идут вразрез с законом, если нельзя выразить замечание и мнение по поводу обновления в теме, которая создана для этого. Или все сообщения об ошибках, помощи и прочем для вас пустой звук? Жаль. Успехов вам.

3 Likes

It might be an auto translation issue or due to language differences.
Let’s just try to be respectful from all sides. I just wanted to point out that using smilies in a post attacking us as a company or other players won’t downplay the tone of the post.

If you have any specific questions, I can clarify in a PM. Feel free to contact me directly. We do not have to derail this thread with this discussion :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I don’t see a fix for the music,i hope there is more in this hotfix than what is lisred here.If not,that is a joke.

Thanks for the hot hotfixes ! :+1:

Will test that very soon.

1 Like

If you have a load of Boss NPC’s guarding your base or out with you on follow, that would give the player a great advantage on a PvP server. If they weren’t intended, they must go mate.

3 Likes

you can’t be serious asking what imbalance 40k fighter thralls can cause …

4 Likes

Umm is the god protection going away every single day at every reset not a critical issue? Can we get any information on that? We dont want to have to farm 500 zeal every single day to stop from being wiped by a dumb mechanic in the first place. I will quit before i do that

Thank you for working through the weekend for this hotfix.

4 Likes

Hear, hear. As a denizen of pvp officialdom I thank you for removing the Mother Of All Thralls, on this most auspicious day! :hammer_and_wrench: :rose:

1 Like

For those of us who didn’t make it to reading here before the change … . can I get my stuff back from the Emissary you took from me? I agree his 40500hp may have caused imbalance but couldn’t you have at least put his stuff in my inventory? Full suit of flawless cimmerian steel lost not so bad but taking my Sword of Crom was just mean. Also did the star metal meteor strike spots get updated last major patch? I’ve had a structure up by temple of frost for months without a hit and post patch been hit three times. … I built it there for a reason. … Final point is on the volcano thralls: why did all the t4 fighters and archers from here get hp dropped to 6750 from 7425 while Captain remains unchanged?

3 Likes