Change hair and beard option

This! Also, the ability to have less/no hair… down there…

1 Like

Since we are doing more with Followers, lets have a thrall chamge our appearance for us. With new hair and beards added to the game

The beards look so awful that not even the vikingish NPCs ever let one grow… probably why the most prominent named Vanir Warrior and Archer both look like Jeff Besos.

What about facial hair for female characters? Or male characters dressed as females?

20140321_Dancing_Stars_Conchita_Wurst_4187

+1

I am not certain if your suggestion is serious or humor, so I am going reply based on the premise that it was serious.

This is a recurring request from Bryan Skull. And unfortunately Im going to have to decline your generous offer. I feel it would detract from the atmosphere of the game, and do a great diservice to Robert E Howard’s source material. The men and women of Hyboria do not need to be depicted as having gender identity issues. I dont know if there were crossdressers or bearded women in Howard’s original stories, but even if there were, I assure you that they would be the exception (more likely the extreme outlier) and not the norm. We have The Sims and other IPs for this sort of zaney foolishness. Hard, resounding NO from me!

3 Likes

I don’t remember the exact place I heard this, I know it was one of the dev streams just not which one, but I seem to recall that character re-customization was on the “to do” list.

I think it might even possibly have been projected for sometime later this year.

1 Like

I remember hearing that somewhere on these forums as well. I am all for this.

This! I play games to unwind and sometimes escape reality, from those type of people who in fact, don’t live in reality, or are confused, or whatever it is. I mean no intention at all to offend anyone, but these are my opinions, which, like they, are entitled to have and express. I don’t think we need this. In saying that, I assumed that it was for humour.

I would like to see more hairstyles and decent looking facial hair though.

2 Likes

Possibly a small “crafting station” like a mirror with scissors for head & facial hair (possibly body hair?) styles. Need a alchemy potion similar to Yellow Lotus that once consumed lets you reconfigure physical traits like in crucified character creation…

1 Like

No, it was really intended to be just funny.

As for the (off-)topic of people with gender identity issues, Howard was actually amazingly ahead of his time representing them in his book. Not in Conan books, but in his less well known Sword Woman series in which “Dark” Agnes de Chastillon decided she wasn’t a woman. Totally 21st century material.

Of course, that doesn’t really need any physical or cosmetic changes to the game. Anyone can roleplay their character the way they want.

Okay no problems then, I genuinely was not sure. :+1: Its bad enough ‘explaining’ to Bryan constantly why it is not a good idea, and has no place in the Conan IP.

Theyd also have to add an in game appearance changer option to players as well. Im surprised this hasnt been implemented yet