Character Detailed Levelling? Thoughts?

Am surprised this (according to Search) hasn’t been suggested before, but as the game dips its toe into less PvP-focused game-play, it could be an opportunity to update character leveling too?

Roleplay board/table-game like AD&D, Rolemaster, et al have always used a wider set of Attributes/Skills when leveling up. This makes each character more unique. Currently characters are pretty much the same by the time they are max level.

Basically: expand Attributes and Feats.
Having some expanded-Feats increasing because the player uses some skills more often than others. For example, since the way the Attributes are pretty wide reaching, on leveling up, a player that uses the bow successfully more often, gets a point or three to that in addition to the standard leveling points. Using a mount more than running about gives some added benefit when using mounts of that type.

I doubt the overhead to game play would be massively affected by including these added tracking stats. I am also sure others can think of ways of expanding the current leveling?

Thoughts? Comments?

it had been suggested with variety of ideas ranging from removing easy respec from game to elaborate feat systems, I think it’s a good discussion material for later date thou