Character moves on its own

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
**Region: US Official server 1801

My character moves on its own after moving in any direction. It will not stand still except by allowing it to move as much as it wants and then it finally stops. I press W to move forward and when I release the key my character slowly moves forward and it is kind of annoying. If i move forward and let off the key i can look in the opposite direction and it will continue to move in the original direction pressed no matter which way I look. I do not have any controllers plugged in and I cannot seem to find a fix online. Please help.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Moving forward makes my character slow walk in that direction after letting off the key
  2. Moving backward makes my character slow walk in that direction after letting off the key
  3. Moving left makes my character slow walk in that direction after letting off the key
  4. Moving right makes my character slow walk in that direction after letting off the key
1 Like

Hey there,

It might seem like these are lag issues. Are you experiencing this problem while playing offline?

Is your NumLock on?

1 Like

No, Its off… Just not sure what the issue would be

1 Like

Yeah, I unplugged my keyboard to see if that was the issue and it wasnt the issue… Im not quite sure what it is. is there any way to post a video of what it looks like?

1 Like

Yeah this bug is VERY OLD and still exists since early Alpha.
It’s very annoying when try to place Buildings!

Sometimes it work a while when log off and relog again but not all the time…

But it’s like the Flying Rhino Bug -> no one care about it :smiley:

Bug-Video here:
https://youtu.be/VToxFyF-jLU

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll send the details to our team :slight_smile:

Happy new year!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.