Character moving itself

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: Pvp
Region: EU

Character moving itself. Anytime I move any direction character and release movement character has momentum to move slowly in that direction. Using only mouse and keyboard, dont have anything else plugged in. It only does on official servers, in offline its ok.
Here is short video about. youtu.be/SpQU6crdorA

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

7 Likes

Hey @MasterJpe

Welcome to our community.
Would it be possible to try to plug in a different keyboard just to discard any possible hardware interference?

I tried different keyboard and also tried different games. The issue is only in online mode in Conan Exiles. Offline mode is working perfect.

I have the same problem, tried also several keyboards, the problem is for me in online and offline game.

I also have this problem + 1 of our clan members, for me it started back when Wine cellar dungeon was introduced, happening only there, but has since spread to happen in more areas with each update, with this latest patch it happens most of the time in all dungeons now.
I haven’t tried a different keyboard since I only have one, but like OP I have never seen it in any other game than Conan Exiles.

Prime I dont think you have same issue as me and Frillen I think you not happy with new patch. Provide prove.

how can you say i dont have the same problem, char keeps still moving even i dont hit the keys, like you show in your YT-video

I also show offline mode has not problem.

Found out a workaround for “my” problem, wen i set the FPS to max 60 the auto walking did not show up. Im sure its not a real solution but for the moment it helps to enjoy the game a bit more again

8 Likes

Can confirm that setting FPS to max 60 solved this same problem for me.

2 Likes

Cheers Primel!

This happens with wireless devices (Logitech, Razer, etc.). Can anyone confirm that this happens with wired/integrated input devices, as well? If I missed something already posted, sorry for not reading carefully.

I have wired keyboard and mouse, so in my case it has nothing to do with wireless, I do have my fps capped at 120, I will try to check if changing the cap to 60 will help the next time I am in game :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Frillen and @Shadoza! Good to know.

Thanks for all the additional information. Relaying it to our team so they can look into it.

4 Likes

Found that setting fps cap to 60 prevent the sliding, tried setting fps cap back to 120 and the sliding re-appeared.

3 Likes

I also have the same problem. But mine happens all the time in single player or online. I can’t post a link to my twitch or I would show you.

EDIT: I also lowered my frames from 120 to 60 and the sliding stopped. Hope you guys can get a fix for this. My new 2070 super does not like to be restricted. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.