Clarification on Rules

Actually this is a question only FC can answer and I wouldn’t get your hopes up. The game is at a state where no one on official servers is safe. There is no line in the sand. People have been banned for fairly small builds in popular locations(2000 pieces in the keyhole for instance)

My experience comes from console and I usually play in bigger clans mostly because I enjoy the big group fights/raids. So I suppose it depends how many players you plan to play with. Solos as far as I can tell don’t usually get banned because they aren’t as much of a threat. Big clans unfortunately get the ban hammer left and right. The idea that you want the biggest base possible is the wrong mindset. The right mindset is build only what you need and make a relatively small footprint in a location that’s not named or blocking anything. Exiled land pick a big tree and add a bunch of crens with maybe a wheel and a vault on the ground( just an example) siptah pretty much same deal pick a pillar or tree. No base is unraidable especially when you’re offline. Siptah is much easier to maintain a bubble even as a solo. So if you pick a spot where you force the attackers to use a treb that’s your best bet.

I’ll put it to you simply. You don’t need wheels, map rooms and vaults everywhere. If you raid someone then break it down when you’re done. If you don’t like that then I suggest something other than pvp. Banning like it or not is the meta right now. Some people do break the rules on purpose. The majority of us are trying very hard to not get banned but with little luck. Anyone on this forum who says they haven’t got banned yet because they follow the rules simply have not been reported yet.

FC gave way to much power to the players.

2 Likes

800 pieces at keyhole last time my clan and I were banned. Only build, no other structures or landclaim. Nothing was wrong with what was done.

1 Like

Nonbrief history brief. In the pre-release days, 24/7 Raid, you ended up with stable Alphas who ruled a server until someone else tried to topple them. They either tolerated solos, cultivated them, inculcated them or backstabbed them. We were valid and a force, especially if silently allied. Small bases, some sprawling ones, but no defensive ones. As in no spamming.

As for Clan warfare, my best frame of reference is right after the release of climbing. Same people as before, but now it was a whole new server, new toons, total wipe. All-new players, and a cadre of people seeking the IP address of our chosen server (it was reused) appeared and we had a big mix of mayhem. It was very fun and genial. Each Clan member was expected to have his own base as well as serve the central bases.

After that was a great phase of TestLive and various officials completely inundated by a foreign force who wanted to harm the play experience with giant illuminated letters in the sky. Or when the decay was less reliable, adverse players would simply poop out Sandstone Foundies all around everyone’s bases just to screw up the claim.

In May 2018, CE left Early Access. Everyone started all-new servers. Now we had Raid firmly established as a thing, too, and people started building bigger and with more layers. It really just went downhill from there.

Personally, I left my last server for a number of reasons, but one of them was I knew I was breaking the rules. I don’t want this to sound counter-productive, but you know it when you’re building to break the rules, or even just to bend them. There are real human Admins responsible for the deletion, so the best rule to follow is: don’t look like you’re trying to get over.

And think about how another player might observe your base upon raiding it. If it’s built in a shady way, is it a hard enough target that they’ll become frustrated and report you?

TLDR: the rules are easy to understand when you look through raiders’ eyes, and the eyes of the Admin who might receive the report.

1 Like

I disagree with you. It is like playing dark souls and giving up because you couldnt beat the boss. No base is unraidable it all depends on tactics, resources and persistence. I had people that transfer in to raid but fail so what they do is report.

I understand a raider perspective but a defender should be able to think of all possible scenarios to prevent such a raid otherwise its one sided.

When you are dealing with 30 transfer to raid a base then where does the imbalance stop?

Raiding now is like raiding a paper box.

1 Like

It is, because this answer hide one million others that won’t be mentioned and we will go straight down to the size of the build leaving all the others “out”. People that want to grief, people that cannot accept mistakes they make, will always, always, blame others, always.
Last post from me here because I see where this is getting “again”.
Official servers are “Free”.
Official servers have rules, not only building rules, multiple, rules.
Someone may report someone else for building abuse, yet finally the one that was reported to be banned for breaking other rules that was not visible to others and come here to cry for his build that was smaller… Enough, if you don’t understand, don’t. If you are banned, you are banned, over.

Not helpful. Why even comment if you are just shooting everyone down? Choose the high road

Everyone is just confusing me more. I dont understand how someone can get banned for having 800 pieces in the Gutter. That is hardly enough to even block it off. There must be something else to this. I see bases bigger than this in on the gutter on every server. Wouldnt it just make more sense to know what you are allowed to do and what you are not? Also it seems to me that someone reporting something should not be a contributing factor when funcom makes a decision. That would just be allowing other players to weaponize the reporting system. I seriously hope that is not what is being done now. I have been away from the game for almost 3 years and first thing I am told when I come back to by other players is you cant build big. I dont think its unreasonable to want to know the limits. Can someone from ■■■■■■ maybe clarify this? there seems to be some confusion.

2 Likes

i cant say funcom?

You need to understand this has been a issue for sometime. There are people here that dont understand what’s really happening on official servers. Many and I mean many players are being banned daily for reasons we don’t know. We don’t get answers. I’ve been in the forum for months asking for clarity but all that happens is bickering back and forth between those of us who have been banned and those who ( majority play pve,pvec or private) that don’t believe us.

4 Likes

You won’t get it until they are ready to give it.

No @Boobie when I am framed I have the right to be upset you know. Your little buddy started a freaking pve question, villages BELONGS TO PVE. So all I understand really fast is that this post is another rant for BUILDING LIMITS. I am not helpful to liars period and I am upset, I have the right to be.

To be honest I really don’t understand what you’re saying. I don’t have buddy’s in the forums. The op is asking about rule clarification so why are you surprised about people talking about just that?

False. This is what Funcom says about that:

For those who don’t know, Umborls works for Funcom. The post I’m quoting is a direct answer to questions asked about the rules.

False. Same as above.

Then you’re on the wrong track. The rules are not about the size of the base. The idea that people are getting banned for nothing more than the size of their base is an idea that originated with the players and has persisted despite all the indications to the contrary. The rules do not say that you will get banned for exceeding a certain size.

One can argue many things if one argues in bad faith. But that whole line of reasoning is a red herring anyway. I would caution you to take @Taemien’s replies here with a grain of salt. By his own admission, he does not play on official servers, so his replies are not based on personal experience with the enforcement of the rules. Also, this has not been the first time he has replied with incorrect information despite having access to the correct information.

You can try not to cross it by trying to comply with the spirit of the rules, rather than trying to adhere to the letter of the rules. But the only way to know for sure that you crossed it is to get banned.

There probably is. Unfortunately, it seems like we can’t get Funcom to answer what it was. If it wasn’t about blocking a POI, blocking an important spawn, blocking access to a dungeon, stacking fence foundations, or building foundation webs, then the answer would probably be very helpful in clarifying the rules.

8 Likes

You dont need any of that actually. You want it, but you dont need it. If you need those things, you need a private server.

1 Like

I would stick to the guidelines I’ve given you. Sure some may say they’re too stringent. But by their own admissions they aren’t sure how to interpret the rules themselves. Effectively the blind trying to lead the blind. You wanted clarification and for sure results. My guidelines will ensure you won’t be banned.

Map room set ups are always appreciated, even on PvP servers. A preservation box full of ice at volcano or a well is going above and beyond.

Come on now

2 Likes

I think the rules should be written like a law. Clear definition of words and explain limitations.

Personally i think it should be coded to prevent outside influence.

The rules say one thing and ticket say other. Fence stacking is not using building functions as intended should of been fix in less than a year…

When something not fix it becomes the norm.

Rules have so many holes that it can be poke at for interpretation.

I actually miss the days of pork thralls at least we had challenges and intense fights. I was not using it but dealt with it for months.

WOW, First let me say thank you to all who replied to this post. As a returning player to the game I am hearing stories about people being banned and not really understanding why. As a player who likes to build complex hard to raid structures this obviously had me concerned. So I started this post to get some clarity. While I have learned a great deal from these reply’s I cannot say I have gotten any clarity. From reading everyones posts I am coming to the conclusion that there are no rules. Just opinions as to what is acceptable and what is not. This is very concerning because what one player or Funcom employee might think is fine another person might think is to big or to laggy or unneeded. I cannot be the only person to have this concern.

2 Likes

I agree with this 100 percent. But if something comes up I would suggest they be direct and say do this dont do that till we fix it.