Client freezing (crashing) often. Appears thrall-related

reported in this thread:

Agreed, This is a major issue on “Public Test Server - US - PvE - ExiledLands” -
ALL Players are effected by this. (CTRL+ALT+DEL) is the only option to get system back.

As stated previously, during the fight to knock the thrall out - sounds become muffled, then silent. Capture one, put a binding on the thrall, and lock up up as soon as players start to move.

Bad part is the game has locked up but YOU haven’t and will keep moving in the direction you were facing… straight through…? Off cliffs, swimming, doesn’t matter, you move until you can get logged back in and are either dead or running against a wall or about to be slaughtered.

There are NO mods on this server.

I have the same problem and I play in an Official Server (1976), PVE, obviously without mods. I never had any chash since I play Conan, and today I had 3 in a few hours, and it happened every time I tried to tie an slave D: after a few seconds the game freezes and I have to restart the computer because there is no other way to close the game. The computer is still active but the game can’t be closed with Task Manager or F4 or anything I tried. Please fix it, because there is no way to play in this way, it’s truly unplayable.

Game mode: PVP Community
Type of issue: CRASH
Server type: PVP
Region: US

Doing a Surge at a Leyshrine, and the Top Tier Aesir Tanner III, 3 times, now every time i pick it up with a binding it crashes my client/game

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1 Like

me too

Happens in Exiled Lands, too. Tried to bind a Lone Fisherman in Sepermeru - instant lock-up.

Since the update, whenever I knockout a thrall and try to bind them, I get a hard crash. The only way to fix the crash is reboot my whole computer. Regardless of where I was then this happens, my character is always dead and a 50/50 chance of respawning in the desert automatically. PLEASE, Please, please fix this!

Playing on a private server with ZERO mods.

2 Likes

Same here! Thankyou for this related feedback!

My game is freezing after few minutes. I can hear the sound but the screen is frozen. After a long waiting time i try to open task manager. After that -> Black Screen -> Reset Button -> Restart. This happened every time today. Can i fix? I have no mods or something like that. only vanilla

Happened to me as well with mods. Something is up on funcoms end.

Just happened to me as well - these are actually usually video card driver crashes.

Game mode: [PC Program itself]
Type of issue: [Crash]
Server type: [all]
Region: [USA]

After update game crashes durring initial intro video. Uninstalled/ Reinstalled game, still same crash
Gives this error message:
Fatal error!
Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000008
!0x0000000000000000
Crash in runnable thread FAsyncLoadingThread

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Launch the game with the recent OCT 28th update
  2. crash…
  3. Repeat…
  4. Fix how?

When someone carry a thrall to tame, the game crashes and give fatal error

Yes! From what I understand most of us are getting this. It seems to be caused by “Looking” at a passed out Thrall, than shortly after the whole game freeze’s and I have to restart my whole computer because I no longer have a mouse pointer to end the task.

1 Like

Game mode: Online Official
Type of issue: Freeze, missing dialogue, missing Sound effects.
Server type: PvP
Region: EU

[Describe the bug here]

First bug:

1. Join server
  2. Run around doing general stuff.
  3. Freeze with no clear reason for why (Was running: freeze, pulled bound thrall: Freeze, opened map: freeze)
    I have not tested if standing completely still is safe :thinking:
    How long it takes for it to freeze is quite random. Once I played for over an hour, but another time it froze 2 times in a row having only been in the game for less than 2 minutes each time.

Second Bug:
After logging in after a freeze; I spawned in the desert instead of my bedroll for some reason.(Character continues to walk into danger on server) I walked to The Sentinels on my way up to get my gear and spoke to the guy there. No vocal dialogue,(or text) but I could grab the Emote. I noticed that the game lacked several sounds, but thought it a minor bug. I jumped into the water and the game silently froze again. OH yeah. Some ambient noise was there, but I don’t remember any music

1. Logg in after a freeze where you were in dangerous territory and apparently died.
  2. Be put in the desert.
  3. Walk to The Sentinels while pondering the lack of sound effects.
  4. Talk to the guy there an realize he is a terrible conversationalist.
  5. Jump in the water to end your suffering.

Oh. The server was #1106 PvP and I verified the game files successfully (Game on Steam)
Also forgot to mention that an NPC attacked me with an invisible bow and sword. Still hurt though…

Game mode: | Online private |
**Type of issue:**Game Freezing when dragin thralls with bindings
Server type | PvE]
Region: Europe

When using bindings on knocked thralls and draging them to the wheel on Exile map (old ma) the game is totally freezing. I have lost 3 thralls because the game freeze. I have never had that problem before so it much have something to do with the latest update that came to day (29 Oct-2020)

Same problem, I can do everything else just do not hunt for thralls if i do, my game stops working and it crashes and i have to do an alt/ctrl /del

Same here on 6011. every 5 minutes and sometimes sooner I have to restart the game. Screen freez.

I was dragging a slave on a rope and saw an unloaded area ahead. Then after trying to pass through this zone I got the game client freezing. Before that, I also got a freeze client next to a wild teleport.
I took a photo of the unloaded zone after which I received frieze client.

P.S: “Sorry for the bad English”

1 Like

Tried to log into regular “live” game - can’t due to an update… reading the update info, the new system is going live!
WHAT?!?!
You are releasing this already? But this lockup issue is not a game changer it’s a game stopper! So much so that I’ve pretty much given up on testlive, and was going to play the game without worry of lockups…

…::: Sigh :::…
Guess I’ll be back reporting the issue from live.

1 Like