Companion AI and lack of

Are there any plans to look at the AI for companions. Right now they are to put it mildly, quite bugged. They don’t attack, they get knocked into the ground, they refuse to use different weapons, some times to do use them, most times not. I would rather you fixed the more annoying buggs, than just releasing new reskinns.

1 Like

Yes, that looks about right, been seeing the same.

Right now i am testing these things and it is much better. Even ground is very important. Fighting on a slope can be a problem. My Archer starts with the bow, in melee he uses the dagger makes a backflip and changes to bow again like he should. But of course if its uneven or there is stuff behind him its a problem, also if the opponent does area damage. So different settings, different solutions. I like that.
I also want to know if different fighter thralls have preferred weapons.

Doing some testing now, to see what the best work-around is, until they fix the problem.

Switched out my T4 thralls spear with a two hander and he does better, still stands there sometimes for a few seconds watching me get beat up, but I attribute that to his male ego being bruised at being towed around by a woman. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Isn’t that called “marriage” these days? Most of my colleagues are women, and based on their coffee break discussions what you’re describing here is normal life for them. Me, I never married for precisely this reason.

Ahem.

Thrall AI. My followers are mostly fighting with reasonable skill and efficiency these days, so I haven’t conducted any extensive experiments with them since the last couple of updates. My Captain still knew how to whack Unnamed city bad guys just a couple of days ago. I’ll be sure to get back to empirical science if I discover any erratic behavior among my faithful companions.

1 Like

Animal have same problem, so is not weapon problem.
Mi Panther is watching me fight and random attack mob around instead of my target.

My Thrall dont follow me i follow my Thrall lol

It is a CPU-cycle problem.

The less players are on a server the better the NPCs/Thralls behave.

You can observe this in single player mode where Thralls and NPCs do what they are expected to do.

For killing give thralls a 2H weapon. They can switch between bow and 2H weapon btw, but best is simple 2H weapon.

Thralls that are normal using a 1H weapon, e.g. Dalinisa, still give them a 2H weapon. They do a little less (added kick) than the normal 2H users, but more than 1H.

Underground thralls is a different problem.

Tell me about it. Visiting Sepermeru largely consists of me running behind Dalinsia trying to pull her genocidal butt off of murdering the entire city because they “looked at her wrong”.

2 Likes

Lol I love it. My Captain runs off into the distance after a kill and I am like, “Nooooo!”… Bodies everywhere.

Right now Lisa O The Longbow is my go to gal. I have her with a Quake and a Frost Shot. She likes her bow. But she Will go into melee pretty decently. Because shes using a mace I find that if I swap it for a love tap she doesn’t forget how to use a one hander. I use her for thrall hunting.

Otherwise my Captains are my main go to along with Dacius?? Dacias? That guy.

He uses a Crom blade like my captains do.

Oh man, she’s the worst about this. When we could still capture criminals in Sepermeru, I’d start clubbing a baddie and she’d just be like, “Oh, you’ve got these 5? Great! I’ll go take care of those two cooks sitting by the lake, sloth is a sin, you know!” :scream:

1 Like

That’s exactly the reason why I thought Bandit Leaders were difficult to capture - if I brought a thrall to help me, we’d have to fight the whole city. And there are a lot of archers in Sepermeru these days.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.